• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Road conditions Friday 3/28 (today) from Metro NY to S VT?

jaywbigred

Anyone want to venture a guess how bad the roads will be?

I am hoping that, since I am leaving after 5 (when the snow is supposed to stop) by the time I get to the snowy areas (Albany-ish?) the plows will already have done their duty?

Anyone have a concept of response time for roads like this?

How about Routes 7, 11, 30 etc in Vermont?

tcharron

Anyone want to venture a guess how bad the roads will be?

I am hoping that, since I am leaving after 5 (when the snow is supposed to stop) by the time I get to the snowy areas (Albany-ish?) the plows will already have done their duty?

Anyone have a concept of response time for roads like this?

How about Routes 7, 11, 30 etc in Vermont?

Should be fine. Snow pretty much cleared off the roads pretty quick after it warmed up. Slush only, which will be gone pretty quick.

Zand

Just came from from Wa... 32 degrees the whole way and the roads are fine. Just look out for the occasional black ice. Don't know how they are in VT but Princeton is usually a good gauge on the rest of northern MA.

jaywbigred

Well roads were pretty good until Routes 30/11. These werent even that bad, but you had to watch it. There was a dusting,post-plow, that was somewhat slick. Saw 3 accidents. Prob people who were driving as though they were on pavement not realizing how slick it was. Everyone who paid attention did fine, even those in ill suited cars.