• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

drjeff

Watching Criminal Minds. Also just finished cleaning up after "Hurricane my 2 kids" rolled through my house today :rolleyes:

wa-loaf

You mean the nose tampons? My nose wont stop bleeding! I'm supposed to get the packing out tomorrow...not sure how that's going to work out.

I don't know about tampons, but my sinus' were packed with gauze and I had to keep it there for a week. After a couple of days it started to break down and the nasty chunks of gauze (and blood and other stuff) were dropping down into my throat. :puke: By the time I went in for my follow-up it was all gone except for the septum splint.

BeanoNYC

I don't know about tampons, but my sinus' were packed with gauze and I had to keep it there for a week. After a couple of days it started to break down and the nasty chunks of gauze (and blood and other stuff) were dropping down into my throat. :puke: By the time I went in for my follow-up it was all gone except for the septum splint.

Well plastic tubes as splints. They stuffed the nostrils with what I can only describe as a nose tampon. Strings and all... I get those removed tomorrow. Technology has probably changed in the 5 years since yours. You had your uvula removed as well?

wa-loaf

Well plastic tubes as splints. They stuffed the nostrils with what I can only describe as a nose tampon. Strings and all... I get those removed tomorrow. Technology has probably changed in the 5 years since yours. You had your uvula removed as well?

Yup, deviated septum fixed, uvula and some extra flesh in the back of the throat removed. It's been a big improvement, although occasionally whatever I'm drinking takes a wrong turn up my nose.

drjeff

Yup, deviated septum fixed, uvula and some extra flesh in the back of the throat removed. It's been a big improvement, although occasionally whatever I'm drinking takes a wrong turn up my nose.

That could come in handy during certain party situations I'm sure ;) :beer:

BeanoNYC

Common side effect from what I understand. I'm glad I know someone else who has had this done. Are you satisfied with the result? PS...guess which book I'm reading during the recover? (A bit tough now on the painkiller's, though.)

Edit: You had already answered my question...sorry. What was the reason for the surgery...breathing problems? Sleep Apnea?

wa-loaf

Common side effect from what I understand. I'm glad I know someone else who has had this done. Are you satisfied with the result? PS...guess which book I'm reading during the recover? (A bit tough now on the painkiller's, though.)

Edit: You had already answered my question...sorry. What was the reason for the surgery...breathing problems? Sleep Apnea?

Sleep Apnea, although my oxygen levels were good during my sleep test I was waking up a lot and getting headaches from straining to breathe. My wife is sleeping better now too. :)

PM me if you have any questions about the book.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
thinning out the heard.
i needed a bunch of girls for some photos i need to take for a article that is comming out on me in a few weeks. its been fun saying no to smokin women. all i said was i would provide the drinks. tomorrow night is going to be fun!

wa-loaf

Working from home today. Gonna head out for a Mtn Bike ride at 5 in Groton.

Did 2000 meters in the pool and rode the bike for 1/2 hour. Makin money on some trades and watching CNBC. Playing the CNBC portfolio challenge.

Steezemeister, how'd the date go?

What up Moe...my date is tonight..we're going out for Japanese food..I don't blame you for posting over here...it's been so quiet on www.paskiandride.com

I wish I had a moustache..then I could ask my date if she wanted to go on a moustache ride..