• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

BackLoafRiver

Getting ready to hit the Long Trail Brewery for an hour. Work day is over.

Never been to the actual brewery. How is it? I haven't really been able to get into their brews. My brother thinks the Blackberry wheat is delicious. Not hoppy enough for me.

Study hall monitoring continues. Concert went great last night. Ran a bit longer than I wanted to. The jazz group was pretty on. When they play well, they are easily the best group of musicians I have ever taught. However, when they tank (which does happen once in a blue moon), it is epic.

Feeling kinda gross. Was able to do only 45 minutes at the gym yesterday. All cardio. No weights. Today I can bust out an hour and a half if I really move to get out of here on time.

A bunch of former and current students are heading to Saddleback on Sunday and have been asking me to go. Kind of a neat bond to have with them. Chair rides are something else. I will say, it's humbling when one of them rips past me on the trail. :oops:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Never been to the actual brewery. How is it? I haven't really been able to get into their brews. My brother thinks the Blackberry wheat is delicious. Not hoppy enough for me.

It's a good time. I love the chilli. I usually get a bowl of that with a VT pint of what ever is on the Brewmasters special.

Warp Daddy

Musta been the night for insomnia -- i had it too at 2am

I had to have some chocolate cheesecake and coffee at 9am last nite at an elegant dinner party guess the caffeine got me too.

One More holiday cocktail. party tonite a very formal affair for the hospital docs at the Remington Art Museum an elegant old totally restored complex of buildings .The Queen got me a new suit due to the weight loss . I'll probably freeze my buns tonite its supposed to be -1 degree with 15 -25 mph gusts and this place is very near the St Lawrence

They will have chamber musicians playing from the local college of music ~~~~~~~~ h'mmm maybe i ought to bring the Gibson and give 'em a few ""Back in Black" riffs :D:D

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Paper is due in 3.5 hours. I have 5.5 pages. I need to get at least 1.6 pages written while the kids fight loudly with each other and demand something every 5 minutes. If I make it, it will be a miracle.

Geoff

I like the vibe of the visitors center. I usually get in there once per week so I know all the staff and the regular patrons. A good friend of mine is there like clockwork from 4:30 to 7:00 just about every day keeping his office hours. Unlike the Killington Access Road, it's a much more laid back vibe with mostly locals midweek. The staff all really like working there and it shows in the service. Everybody who works for the brewery gets benefits. The bar shares tips so everybody is making pretty good money. Last call is 7:00 so you don't get the whole nocturnal bar/restaurant employee scene.

I typically drink whatever is their "Brewmaster's Special" and Double Bag (double alt). At the moment, the Brewmaster's Special is Imperial Porter. In the winter, they also do Triple Bag and Coffee Stout. You can't judge Long Trail by their Blackbeary Wheat. That's like drinking water. Their generic Long Trail Ale is much more hoppy. Their IPA is actually a little too hoppy for my palate.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
DONE DONE DONE with that paper on Emerson! Proofreading now and printing. Handing in in 2 hours and then I am FREE for 4 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Back from going out for a few beers with one of my classmates. That was nice. :beer: I may regret it in the morning, but I surely do not right now. Life is good!!!

drjeff

Doing some of the work thing this AM. Gotta run a couple of errands after work. Head to my daughter's kindergarden holiday concert around dinner time, and then leave right from there to head to VT! :)

4aprice

Finishing off Christmas Cards. Feel a little excitement in the air with the coming storm. Looking for good signs. Here's one the cat has been eating a ton of food the last 24 -hours.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

SKIQUATTRO

getting a fire going, bottle of Malbec is open and ready to be poured...chillin' with my 4yr old, mom and the 7yr are at gymnastics...pizza by a roaring fire when the get home....drove past the grocery store, insanity in the parking lot, line out the lot into the main road.....crazy...love how folks freak at the slighest hint of snow...

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

MMn, bacon!!!

You're like Martha F'in Stewart. ;) A true jill of all trades!

As for me....I just got back from an awesome mountain bike ride.... We were supposed to hit Catamount early today..but not the best day to try and get my baby on skis for the first time...and we have to be at some friends for their annual tree trimming party by around 3 or 4. So....I'm having a cup of tea before my shower.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
MMn, bacon!!!

You're like Martha F'in Stewart. ;) A true jill of all trades!
You should see what else I did this morning... made chocolate cordial cups, made chocolate lollipops, made French bread dough then baked it in a star tube to slice for cheesy garlic bread... I don't want to clean, but I can't sit still. And if I do sit for too long, my knee gets stiff and hurts more.

Bacon is almost done, then I'll make the cookies, and then I'm relaxing the rest of the day.

drjeff

About to head over to Vcunning's place up here at Mount Snow and make sure the mini keg of Heineken in his beer tender is of acceptable quality! (might take multiple samples for true quality control purposes! :beer: :lol: )