• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Warp Daddy

The Queen and I picked up our FREE season passes at a regional speed bump that also gets us FREE skiing at 3 other ski areas on the TUG . Free is good :D:D and gives us a change of pace from areas we normally ski

o3jeff

That's an excellent plan. I did some shopping from 2-5 and the roads and lines were empty.

Too bad it hasn't started snowing here yet. Might have to go out and fight the crowds shortly since it doesn't sound like it will start until 9 or 10.

Whats proper snow blowing etiquette on the weekend? 6 am too early? Not that I really care if they are up or not.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Too bad it hasn't started snowing here yet. Might have to go out and fight the crowds shortly since it doesn't sound like it will start until 9 or 10.

Whats proper snow blowing etiquette on the weekend? 6 am too early? Not that I really care if they are up or not.
Save it for your return from skiing.

Just waxed up. I'll let it sit until morning, then I'll scrape and brush right before I leave.

skidbump

Just got up to go skiing...did not snow...screw it, gonna clean house instead.
Also weather for fri/sat looks like shit...on positive side i will be working on Mt from 12/24- 1/3 and really dont care what the conditions are untill 1/5 when i can just ski without obligations.

Terry

Just finnished waxing the skis. Going to head out to Shawnee in a couple of hours to see our ski buds.

bigbog

Gloating a little, at least until I go get my morning coffee(10min). Played Megabucks for first time in 3 months, three plays...hit first three numbers in Megabucks Plus and missed the last two and Megaball by one digit each....I would've loved to have seen Montana.....:uzi: :???:<--this is SteveD/aka "bigbog". A big $7...WoooHooo...LOL

Last edited:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Just made more cordial cups (dark chocolate this time). Washed dishes. Stuck home--flat tire and my spare is a slightly different size so it's not advisable to be going out driving in 4WD. Boo. No family cookie day today. Guess we'll make a batch at home instead.

drjeff

Watching the Patriots/Bills game and listening to the wind howl up here in VT right now! COLD up here!

Last edited:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Baking gluten-free peanut butter cookies that will be sandwiched with chocolate later.

Wishing my daughter would stop screaming at me and just pick up her mess. If this is how it is at 4 years old, I don't know if I'll make it to 14...

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
OK WAYDRN readers....

After my 9:30 eye doctor's appointment, should I:
(A) Be responsible and do laundry which is backing up
OR
(B) Go for a 3 hour ski session at Blue?

I'm pretty tired from shoveling out yesterday, so I'm leaning towards A....but my inner ski voice is calling me...

BackLoafRiver

OK WAYDRN readers....

After my 9:30 eye doctor's appointment, should I:
(A) Be responsible and do laundry which is backing up
OR
(B) Go for a 3 hour ski session at Blue?

I'm pretty tired from shoveling out yesterday, so I'm leaning towards A....but my inner ski voice is calling me...

(B). At the end of the day, you may be glad you have clean clothes, but your ski voice is going to be screaming at you. :smile:

Grassi21

Ahhhh, its nice to wake up on a Monday and NOT have to go to work. Going to the chirp to get my back cracked. After that I have lots of odds and ends to do around the house.

BackLoafRiver

Happy Monday all. 3 day work week here. Every other school in the area is out Tuesday. Some even have a half day workshop. Not us. We are full throttle until 1:30 Wednesday.

Taking a few minutes to catch up on AZ. Enjoying hearing some of my students tell me stories of skiing this weekend.

FWIW, a good friend (and a fellow AZ'er) put up a pretty epic trip report on TGR. Apparently they liked it enough to put it on their front page: http://live.tetongravity.com/_The-T...cent-in-West-Virginia/BLOG/1628330/75233.html

Warp Daddy

Arghh i got a shitty heavy cold and feel like crap and i've got a houseful of guests (11) arriving for a 10 day stay starting This Wednesday .

I'm mainlining Vitamin C like a madman

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Sorry, Warp. If you can get a hold of some grapefruit seed extract, I highly recommend it.

I just finished sweeping out all the toys and junk under the beds in the kids' room and sorting that (plus all the stuff that was under the couches). We'll see how long this lasts.... at least I was able to purge some stuff in anticipation of the spoiling they will get on Christmas from our families. They're the only grandkids/niece/nephew on my side so they get way too much.

Also finally put up our 2 mini trees.
14659_249558886256_624361256_4702790_2302162_n.jpg

Happy Winter Solstice!

Last edited:

Warp Daddy

Sorry, Warp. If you can get a hold of some grapefruit seed extract, I highly recommend it.

I just finished sweeping out all the toys and junk under the beds in the kids' room and sorting that (plus all the stuff that was under the couches). We'll see how long this lasts.... at least I was able to purge some stuff in anticipation of the spoiling they will get on Christmas from our families. They're the only grandkids/nieces/nephews on my side so they get way too much.

Also finally put up our 2 mini trees.

Thanx Carrie i'd love to try it but unfortunately i can't do grapefruit stuff with one of the Meds i'm currently on for the heart thing i'll just keep on the Vit C and OJ routine

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
(B). At the end of the day, you may be glad you have clean clothes, but your ski voice is going to be screaming at you. :smile:
Looks like Plan B is going to lose out. My brother is driving up to JFK from Philly to pick up his in-laws and wanted to hang out before heading over to the airport. That and my pupils are dilated something fierce.