• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Nursing a back injury from Christmas day. (Fell down the stairs) Thinking about taking a muscle relaxer and a percocet but I start work again tomorrow and need to have a clear head for the kiddies. Alleve will have to do.
Yeouch! Hope it feels better today!

Back from the gym... first early morning there in a couple of weeks. :oops: Kids are miraculously still asleep so I'm enjoying the silence. Bliss!

BackLoafRiver

Just scarfed down lunch. So hungry. My body is back into work mode....need food by 11:00 to function. My Monday rotation is easily one of my favorites so the day goes by nice and quickly.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I took that....:puke:
That bad??? :-o If I don't take it, I still have to take one more Quantitative course. I can transfer over from the community college and they have Astronomy, which counts (and I'd rather do). Or I'll have to do a lab science, but I don't really have the time to dedicate to a class that meets 3 times a week. I don't think there's any way I can handle Calculus at this point, otherwise.

Right now... I'm enjoying kind-of silence. My kids are in bed and asleep but the kids upstairs are still running crazy.

WJenness

Currently being amazed at my girlfriend and her friends...

Emily went furniture shopping for the new apartment today...

I walked in to find 4 gorgeous dining room chairs mahogany with intricate upholstery, a beautiful bench in the living room (also mahogany), with a very nice upholstered seat cushion that matches our loveseat very well, a new TV stand, a wooden dvd rack (full of our DVDs that they must have unpacked), a large wooden book case, some throw pillows and a blanket on the couch...

She told me how much she spent...

$60!!! (No, that's not a typo).

One of her friends is doing an interior design internship, and I'm pretty sure that's where the chairs and benches came from, but still, I'm amazed.

-w

drjeff

Trying to get a hold of writing "10" for the date in my charts instead of "09" and not having a good deal of success at it yet :(

Warp Daddy

Considering changing a class for next semester. Not so sure about that Elementary Discrete Mathematics course....

Avoid it Carrie its absolute academic garbage ! That sounds like SOMEONE on the faculty had a wet dream and had to generate MORE FTE ( workload) to justify his/her existence

--WTF kind of crap is this course ????

C 'mon i MR/MS DEAN it s supposed to HIGHER education not gobbledegook nonsense . That course should be NON credit

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Avoid it Carrie its absolute academic garbage ! That sounds like SOMEONE on the faculty had a wet dream and had to generate MORE FTE ( workload) to justify his/her existence

--WTF kind of crap is this course ????

C 'mon i MR/MS DEAN it s supposed to HIGHER education not gobbledegook nonsense . That course should be NON credit

I'm definitely changing the course. Trying to decide between an Urban Studies course and a History course on Japanese Americans in WWII.

Warp Daddy

I'm definitely changing the course. Trying to decide between an Urban Studies course and a History course on Japanese Americans in WWII.

Good 4 u !!!!! Smart move . Go for courses that ADD value to YOUR personal tool box

As a retired university educator i am highly critical of many of my peers for this nonsense. Colleges need to get rid of the watered down , glorified HS offerings in order to better prepare students to realistically compete in the global economy . This issue has caused serious problems as many "graduates" are functionally illiterate.

Entirely too many schools still offer courses that would never would have been considered worthy of college credit in the past -------------------------its called dumbing down the curricula and whoring for enrollment and renders many degrees worthless and sets up a series of unrealistic expectations .

end of rant

Good luck next semester, you are chipping away at your goal :D:D -- its a good feeling and provides you the opportunity to develop your potential and also to speak with BIG people :D:D ( The Queen had the same kinda of experience )

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Warp, I'm definitely a fan of taking classes that will actually DO something for me in the long run. Still have to take a Quantitative, but I have the summer plus two more semesters to cover that so I should be okay.

My class is officially swapped with Japanese Americans & WWII. :D The professor for this course is AWESOME! I've had her before for 2 other Asian History courses.

Right now...watching the kids try out their new sneakers by running laps in our little living room. :lol:

hammer

I guess, theoretically, it's supposed to show math applied to daily life. But I haven't taken a "math" course in nearly 16 years so I'm a bit intimidated.
Word problems?

Don't understand why that's a college-level course...but I was an engineering major (started off with a Calculus review class) so I don't know what non-scientific majors had to take for math.