• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Warp Daddy

Just back from another great day @ Titus my B-I-L and i got in 30 runs today .

We skied with just vests and liteweight pants , spring gloves ------------ 44 degrees sunny no wind , full deep coverage no bare spots awesome day

We're heading up again early tomorrow am for another repeat day B4 the Nair hits

BackLoafRiver

fighting a cold....argh!

Hope you feel better man. My girlfriend just got hit with stomach flu thing. No fun.

I am sitting in Parent/ teacher conferences for the next 3 hours. Ugh. It's always the same parents who come to see me...the ones with the kids who have no issues, perform very well, and try their hardest. I never see the parents whos kids are uninvolved and are really struggling. This even after phone calls home.

Oh well.

...and go figure....

As I was writing, I was hit with 5 different sets of parents at once. One of my homeroom students had their parent make sure to come see me. Apparently I had made some kind of impact on him. Who knew. I always appreciate that.

Warp Daddy

Just back from a Differant kind of day of skiing . Yesterday at Titus was absolutely perfect Today Not so much :D Once again My B-I-L and i were first ones down the Mtn . SUNNY warm , no wind however overnite temps did not go into single digits but settled in in teh upper 20's so by 11 the snow had tirned to heavy wet stopn'go stuff . We altered our style to accommodate the conditions the temps rose to 59 ndegrees and to make a long story short yesterday's 30 runs were turned into JUST 15 runs today . We decided to called it quits at 12:30 .

hAD LUNCH AT THE MTN W/ SOME PATROLLERS AND ASKED IF THEY KNEW OF any SPECIFIC WAX THAT CAN BE USED WHEN THE SNOW GETS HEAVY , DRAGGY AND STOP /GO -- NOPE

SO WE DECIDED TO SAVE OUR ACL'S /MCL'S AND CALL IT A DAY TO HIT THE SKI SHOPS -- HAD FUN BUT NOWHERE NEAR AS MUCH FUN OR SPEED AS YESTERDAY -- BUT U GUYS KNOW THE DRILL --"NO SUCH THING AS A BAD DAY SKIING -- JUST SOME BETTER THAN OPTHERS :D:D

SKIQUATTRO

still fighting a serious cold, have coffee and some DayQull on board...listening to the Dead on Sirius (playing in office on overhead speakers...also taps into our hold music)

not looking forward to sitting at gymnastics for 2hrs with this cold...will have the 4yr with me too..have the portable dvd with me....

Islander game Saturday night

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Getting ready to go out with my longest (mind you, NOT oldest!) friend for her birthday. Heading to a nearby cinema-cafe to see "Sherlock Holmes." Can't believe I've lived 15 min from this place 99% of my life and never been... Booze+food+movie on a big screen sounds alright to me! :D

Chunk

im scaning through the many exciting sites found on Stumbleupon.com! great fun!!

BackLoafRiver

Chilling at the Marriott in Farmington. Nice place. Bush - league that they charge for wi-fi.

I am totally spent...was up at 4 to drive my students down. 5 hours door to door. Not as bad as I was expecting and there was hardly any traffic. Beautiful country out here. Spent a majority of the day driving around and visiting relatives. Looks like I might get out to do some biking tomorrow and maybe Saturday a.m. The weather is absolutely fantastic!

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
As soon as my 3pm conference call is over, I'm going to (finally) take the x-mas lights down. Spring fever hit my company hard today...