• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

boston to okemo route

2knees

Trying to figure the fastest route from marshfield, on the south shore, to okemo on sunday. Not sure if i should do 93/89/91 s to exit 8 or take rt 2 over to 91 north. anyone have a suggestion?

hiroto

Trying to figure the fastest route from marshfield, on the south shore, to okemo on sunday. Not sure if i should do 93/89/91 s to exit 8 or take rt 2 over to 91 north. anyone have a suggestion?

I would say Rt89. It is a little longer but only by a few miles and you'll stay mostly on two lane interstate instead of one lane Rt 2 so you'll definitely get their quicker.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
If you were leaving the Boston area at 4:00 on a Friday, the best I found was 2 -> 140 -> 12 -> 123 -> 5 (brief) -> 91 -> 103. I went Lexington, MA to Wallingford, VT almost every week for close to a year, doing the reverse on Monday morning, and this was the quickest I found. From Marshfield to Ludlow that's only 169 miles compared to 193 if you take I-89.

On a Sunday, however, with traffic wide open everywhere, you can probably do better on the highways. Just keep the back roads in mind for the future.… :)

NESkibum

I've gone pretty much every way you can to get to Okemo and Iive south of Boston. My opinion is that the 93/89/91 route is the easiest. It is a bit longer based on miles than Okemo's website directions of taking 103 through NH but staying on the highway to 91 is faster and more efficient. I think taking route 2 is much longer and if you get stuck behind someone you are toast.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Oh yeah, never do that NH 103 portion. It's not a very fast road and it's very hard to follow through Claremont. Not worth it, IMO.

Plus, if you're coming down I-91 from I-89, do not go all the way to VT 103 ... take VT 131, which will rejoin 103 in Proctorsville, just outside Ludlow. It's a nice drive, 50mph road, beautiful scenery.

Finally watch out for confusion - the routes were talking about are 103 and 123 in VT and NH, and they're not the same roads in the two states. They don't even line up with each other.

If you're ever driving back from Okemo on a Monday morning, a big thumbs up to North Fork Bagel in Ludlow (formerly Bagel Basement). They kept me sane for the time I was doing that weekly drive. :)