• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Official 2007-08 Ski Season Breakdown Thread

How many days did you ski (or will you ski) this season?

• Total voters

snowmonster

35 glorious days in the 07-08 season from Nov. 10 to May 4:

Sunday River - 16
Sugarloaf - 4
Loon - 3
Stowe - 2
Tuckerman Ravine - 2
Cannon - 1
Wildcat - 1
Sunapee - 1
Wachusset - 1
Sugarbush - 1
Mad River Glen - 1
Burke - 1
Jay Peak - 1

Trekchick

48 days now, and hoping to get one more in here in Michigan before heading to Abasin for Mothers Day weekend.

Mothers day Weekend should count for double days for double the fun..............dontcha think? :D
Got a total of 51 days in, though it didn't feel like it was enough, I know I'm fortunate and will embrace the wonderful season and new friends I had the good fortune to meet up with.
Its all good!

madskier6

I had a great season - 29 days total at a bunch of different mountains. Variety is the spice of life!

Berkshire East - 4
Magic - 4
Sundown - 4
Stowe - 2
Sugarbush - 2
Whiteface - 2
Burke - 2
Killington - 2
Stratton - 2
MRG - 1
Okemo -1
Mt. Snow - 1
Ascutney - 1
Butternut - 1

I hope next year is just as good and hopefully better. :smile:

Grassi21

woodbury - 1
mt snow - 1
hunter - 2
sugar bush - 2
sundown - 13

gmcunni

I was thinking the same thing..some people don't ski at all when they have a newborn..

I have very few regrets in life but you hit on one of them. I took several years off from skiing after my first child was born. Getting my son out on skis was something i waited too long to do but now skiing with him is a blast.

Greg

Staff member
I have very few regrets in life but you hit on one of them. I took several years off from skiing after my first child was born. Getting my son out on skis was something i waited too long to do but now skiing with him is a blast.

My youngest will start next season right around the time she turns 3. I've skied more since I had kids than I did before they were born, mostly due to rediscovering night skiing and having a rad little hill right down the road. My wife is one patient ski widow though. I keep reminding her that if the kids get hooked, her winter weekends may be relatively kid-free in a few years. I'm hoping she decides to tag along sometimes though. ;)

Grassi21

I was thinking the same thing..some people don't ski at all when they have a newborn..

The wife got 5 days in. I wish it was more but she def. wanted to hang back with our son. Getting her out for day 1 was tough. After Sugarbush she wants to put off having a second child until after the upcoming ski season. I love her.

The wife got 5 days in. I wish it was more but she def. wanted to hang back with our son. Getting her out for day 1 was tough. After Sugarbush she wants to put off having a second child until after the upcoming ski season. I love her.

Wait one kid isn't enough...just/kidding..I have a friend with three kids and she still wants one more..lol

awf170

All right since I now know for a fact that I'm done I will join this thread. I was going to get a couple more days in late June and early July but I got addicted to mountain biking and lost all urges to drive 3 hours to ski crappy conditions.

I broke my days up into 3 categories EC touring, EC lift served, and my west coast trip.

EC Touring:
Chic Chocs: 11
Mt. Washington: 11
Sugarbush: 2
Wachusett: 2
Mad River Glen: 1
Killington: 1
Cardigan: 1
Big Jay: 1
Jay Peak: 1
Tenney: 1
Moosilakee: 1