• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Official 2007-08 Ski Season Breakdown Thread

How many days did you ski (or will you ski) this season?

• Total voters

Greg

Staff member
I know some of you are done so I figured I'd fire up this year's version of this thread ([thread="15101"]2006-07[/thread], 2005-06, 2004-05). Along with the poll above, let's use this thread to discuss our individual ski seasons. How many times did you get out? Was this above or below average? How would you classify your ski season overall? I'm definitely not through yet so I'll update this thread once it's totally over.

Trekchick

48 days now, and hoping to get one more in here in Michigan before heading to Abasin for Mothers Day weekend.

Mothers day Weekend should count for double days for double the fun..............dontcha think? :D

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Fell short of my goal of 25-30 days this season. But I have a respectable 16 so far with 2 more coming during Mother's Day weekend. (LOL @ Trekchick's recommendation that it should count double!) I would like to finagle one more for next weekend, more to work out boot issues and help with conditioning. But I'm not sure how realistic that will be in the daytrippable range.

In spite of falling short of my goal, I'm pleased. I had no days last year, 2 the year before, and no days the year before that. I thought my season was done after my fall on 2/15 (and some may think it should be still). Adding 4 days when I thought there would be no more has been a blessing.

Disappointments? I feel like I'm ending the season with lesser ability than I started. In some ways, I am due to the knee and having to go easy. I wanted to make great strides this season - planned on getting more comfortable on the black trails, wanted to try glades. All I succeeded in was going faster than before (which was also my enemy in the end). Though I do think I've made some progress working on a more forward stance. Some. Turns are more fluid than at the start of the season, too.

Even though I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted to, I've still improved. And eager for the next season when I can hopefully get more days, get my daughter out on the hill (and on the "real chair" as she calls it), and maybe work on the bumps a little, too.

Mountain Totals
Mountain Visits Runs Vertical
Blue Mountain, PA 68 1079 1104120
snow king, wy 1 4 6000
Killington, VT 1 15 17150
Camelback, PA 2 65 46850
Sugarbush, VT 1 14 20300
Big Boulder, PA 2 50 18800
Sno Mountain, PA 1 25 12500
Okemo Mountain Resort, VT 1 20 27550
STOWE,VT 5 76 142450
Mt Snow 2 20 34000
Jackson Hole, Wy 9 121 229710
Grand Targhee 1 14 21740

GrilledSteezeSandwich's Averages and Totals
Total Days Recorded 94
Total Runs Recorded 1503
Total Vertical Recorded 1681170
Average Runs per Day 16
Average Vertical per Day 17884.8
Average Vertical per Run 1118.5

This is from the stats I keep on www.paskiandride.com

It looks like I'll get a day at Belleayre, a day Hunter, and a few more days in VT,,,last season I hit 119 days but I had a 61 day streak at Blue and this year I skipped alot of the rainy days plus Blue closed 9 days earlier than last year. It was a good season for me for sure..not my best..and definitely not the most powder skied but it was one of my better seasons. When I lived in Montana I skied less days because there was no night skiing but I skied so much cold smoke powder. I'd trade a few of my days at Blue mountain for more Powder..

Last edited:

dmc

You forgot to put a "don't count days" category for all of us "crusty" guys.....

Greg

Staff member
You forgot to put a "don't count days" category for all of us "crusty" guys.....

Your wish is my command. You crusty old coot. :lol:

2knees

yesterday was 21 for me. i'm freakin thrilled about that number. I'd like 2 more but we'll see how that goes.

dmc

Your wish is my command. You crusty old coot. :lol:

Sweeeeet! Yeah... I don't count.. It's just something I do..

ESki says he's got somewhere in the mid 90's right now... Nice to be retired... :)

kcyanks1

Sugarbush - 3
Stowe - 3
MRG - 2
Gore - 1
Hunter - 1
Plattekill - 1
Jackson Hole - 6
TOTAL - 17

Hope to ski 2 more this weekend --> 19.

Then maybe my first trip to Tucks in May.

Goal was 15, but I'm desperate for more.

wa-loaf

I'm stuck sub 20. Mostly at WA. I couldn't get out much this winter and was hoping to knock off a lot of days in the spring. Busting my knee brought the season to a quick end. :x Just hoping next season gets off to as good a start as this year. I'm going to have to make up some time in the fall. :wink:

Greg

Staff member
Dont' count. Feels too much like competing or braggin'...

I say leave it up to the individual. My day total is far from impressive compared to some so it's hardly bragging.

I like to count days (that's where it ends; tracking vert or runs is too much work) and log each one in the form of a TR. Sort of my personal online ski diary. I also have a goal each season in terms of number of days so I need to count days to know I reached it.