skibum9995 hikes the AT - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 103
  1. #91
    Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    3,900
    Wow, major kudos to you Ben. That's an amazing accomplishment. Thanks for sharing it.




    Pretty funny that you ran into Greg on top of Katahdin.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

  2. #92
    ga2ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern NH, work or in the Mountains
    Posts
    1,169
    Congrats. Still jealous.

    BTW - looks like we have at least 4 for racing.

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Wow, major kudos to you Ben. That's an amazing accomplishment. Thanks for sharing it.


    Pretty funny that you ran into Greg on top of Katahdin.
    Apparently, a one legged Greg.



    All kidding aside, awesome job man. I'm still pretty jealous.

    Now that you've been done for 4 days, are you still relieved to be finisehd or are you having trouble assimilating yourself into "normal" life again?
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

  4. #94
    Fantastic!
    Support and maintain the Cohos Trail:
    http://www.causes.com/causes/555098-...he-cohos-trail

    Team Pedxing walks for burn survivors.
    http://apps.facebook.com/causes/302329

  5. #95

  6. #96
    Awesome job man!!!
    Any plans for the PCT, CDT...?

    I got a friend who did the AT in 06 who's on the PCT right now. He started last year and went until he ran out of money, bout halfway. He went back to finish this year, crossed WA state border last week and hopefully will be able to finish before having to go back to work!
    Apparently the PCT trails are a lot mellower - he's been clocking in constant 20+mi days, many over 25.
    Sign, sign everywhere a sign... pointing out the trails, can\'t make up my mind.

  7. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by cbcbd View Post
    Awesome job man!!!
    Any plans for the PCT, CDT...?

    I got a friend who did the AT in 06 who's on the PCT right now. He started last year and went until he ran out of money, bout halfway. He went back to finish this year, crossed WA state border last week and hopefully will be able to finish before having to go back to work!
    Apparently the PCT trails are a lot mellower - he's been clocking in constant 20+mi days, many over 25.
    I'd love to hit the PCT next year, but it will have t wait until 2010 most likely. I'd need time to recover from debt.

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum9995 View Post
    I'd love to hit the PCT next year, but it will have t wait until 2010 most likely. I'd need time to recover from debt.
    Going to finally put that college education to use?

  9. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by roark View Post
    Going to finally put that college education to use?
    Probably, if I can find something I like.

  10. #100
    Nice shots...the last couple in PA are near where I live..where there are hardly any trees above the Lehigh River..how much weight did you lose???

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.