skibum9995 hikes the AT - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Wow!! Great job SB - you'll be in tip top shape when we hit the slopes at the Nationals next year!

Good luck, I wish you great weather and good memories to last a life time!

T

Sounds like your off to a good start, keep it up. Yes, pics would be nice too.
    \"J\"

I'm now in Hot Spings, NC just north of Great Smoky Mountain National Park. It's been raining the past few days but I've managed to stay dry. The Smokys were awesome, great terrain and views.

We did a 26 mile day Sunday, with 23 of those miles after 3:00 PM due to some trail magic. This guy was set up at a road with tons of food and we stayed for hours eating as much as possible. Got into town at 1:45 AM and set up in the rain. Spent tons of money in this town so far, 8 hours at the bar draining pitchers yeaterday. Headed back to the trail tomorrow, having a great time.

awesome...keep the reports coming. i can imagine reaching a place with beer and food is like reaching an oasis in a desert.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum9995 View Post
    I'm now in Hot Spings, NC just north of Great Smoky Mountain National Park. It's been raining the past few days but I've managed to stay dry. The Smokys were awesome, great terrain and views.

We did a 26 mile day Sunday, with 23 of those miles after 3:00 PM due to some trail magic. This guy was set up at a road with tons of food and we stayed for hours eating as much as possible. Got into town at 1:45 AM and set up in the rain. Spent tons of money in this town so far, 8 hours at the bar draining pitchers yeaterday. Headed back to the trail tomorrow, having a great time.

Wow that sounds awesome..26 miles in a day..sheesh..I know I did 14 miles once and that was a ton..

Hiking the AT is one helluva fitness program!
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

AT...

Sounds great SB...just $.01 worth to keep in mind...try to make it up to Katahdin before October. Weather conditions can often be pretty cold in October up here...even before you start climbing....then add in the difference in temps & windchill with elevation.
    Hope everything goes well.......

$.01

I am now in Glasgow, VA, about 800 miles into the trip, heading into Shenandoah in a few days. It's been crazy hot lately, taking it easy.

Awesome work man, keep it up and keep cool... its going to be warm for some time.
    Sign, sign everywhere a sign... pointing out the trails, can\'t make up my mind.

Good job! Keep it up, but try to stay cool, I know that's gotta be hard, especially where you are now. Right know up in NH, this weekend has been hot and is supposed to stay that way for a few days, but it's NE give it a few days, that'll change.
    \"J\"

Thread Information