• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

skibum9995 hikes the AT

AdironRider

Just noticed this thread. Its always been a dream of mine to complete the AT (Ive done the VT and NH sections in their entirety). Keep going man, you're almost there!

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Hope everything is going well so far! Keep going!

Did you meet a person with the trail name Shiloh? My girlfriend met him in Gorham, NH, and said he has met quite a few people who contribute to AZ & SJ.

Safe travels!

skibum9995

I'm currently in Rutland, VT with just under 500 miles left to go. It has been a very wet stretch with rain almost every day for the past two weeks. I've enjoyed the VT section quite a bit despite the weather and am looking forward to getting into the Whites in a few days. It'll be nice to be in an area I'm familiar with.

I'm currently in Rutland, VT with just under 500 miles left to go. It has been a very wet stretch with rain almost every day for the past two weeks. I've enjoyed the VT section quite a bit despite the weather and am looking forward to getting into the Whites in a few days. It'll be nice to be in an area I'm familiar with.

Wow serious progress..

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
I apologize on behalf of the weather in New England, the mud, and the high water crossings. If it's any consolation, it's been like this for most of the summer and it didn't arrive just for you. :)

thaller1

Great job Ben... :) I can still remember sitting in 8th Street Steakhouse w/ you having a wonderful dinner...who knew what you'd accomplish in the next couple years!! T

skibum9995

I am currently at home taking a day or two off, drying out gear, and visiting friends. I got off the Trail at NH 25A in Wentworth after going over Mt. Cube and getting hailed on in a nasty thunderstorm. The forecast looks decent for the second part of the week so I hope the pattern will change. I tired of being soaked all the time.

skibum9995

I'm now in Gorham, NH with a bit over 300 miles to go. I've been slowing down a lot recently due to the nasty weather and not wanting the trip to end. The past couple of days were mostly nice with only a couple hours of rain each day, followed by sun to dry out before getting to camp. We summited Washington in the clouds with a visibility of about 10 feet but by the time I passed Jefferson the sky was clear and there was a view. Looking forward to getting into Maine in a couple days.