skibum9995 hikes the AT - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Nice..wow you've made alot of progress so far.

Great job skibum9995. Are are going to get to Harper's Ferry for trail Days? Beer is cheap in Duncannon, PA too!
    Happy Trails, be safe & Good Luck
    Mike P.

I am currently in Waynesboro, VA, 850.5 miles into the trip. The weather has been hot lately, but is cooling down a bit. I will be entering Shenandoah National Park tomorrow. It will be nice to hike on some easier terrain after a tough week full of big climbs. I should be out of Virginia in just under a week and am gearing up for the four state challenge from the Virginia - West Virginia Border to the Maryland - Pennsylvania border covering 43.5 miles. After that it will be PA for a few weeks. I'm having tons of fun and trying to beat the heat.

Pictures will be up shortly.

Pics are up now. I didn't go through all of them so there are repeats and bad shots, but its better than nothing.

http://picasaweb.google.com/skibum9995

Sweet pix, dude! Did that poor motel room ever recover?
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
    Sweet pix, dude! Did that poor motel room ever recover?
    Doubtful, that was night 1 of 8 in a row in motel rooms. Friends of the guys I'm hiking with came down to visit and when they left my parents and brother came down so its been a nice stretch of polls and town food. Back into the woods in a few hours though.

Very nice pics! I'm soo jealous, I wanna quit my job a go do the AT! Ya, like that's gonna happen.

So what kind of snakes were those? I'd be a little leary of them..... That was quite interesting, the snake eating the mouse....

Looks like your having a good trip, keep it up!
    \"J\"

1 Eastern Diamond Rattler, 2 Copperheads, and the long one is a Black Snake which isn't poisonous.

Cool pix! Some of those early VA pics look almost western.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Nice job man, keep it up.

Thread Information