skibum9995 hikes the AT - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks for sharing! Keep trekking!
    T

SB - I'm so jealous. You ski all winter, hike all spring/summer, and spent tons of time with the orange tags at what I'm guessing is your former employer.

Hike safe!!!!

Currently in Front Royal VA and will be passing the 1000 mile point in a couple days. We have been having lots of afternoon thunderstorms lately but the temps have dropped. I looking forward to get out of VA and hit the halfway point in southern PA in about a week or so.

Keep going!
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum9995 View Post
    Currently in Front Royal VA and will be passing the 1000 mile point in a couple days. We have been having lots of afternoon thunderstorms lately but the temps have dropped. I looking forward to get out of VA and hit the halfway point in southern PA in about a week or so.
    Wow your getting closer to GSS-land..I live 17 miles south of the Appalachian trail where it crosses Little Gap..a little bit north of the Lehigh Gap and a little bit south of the Deleware Water Gap.

I'm currently in Lickdale, PA, 1170 miles into the trip. After tomorrow I will have less than 1000 miles to go. We have been getting lots of afternoon thunderstorms lately, so being wet for a few hours has become normal. It usually feels nice to cool off after a long day of hiking. I'll be heading into Port Clinton, PA on the 4th, hoping to catch some firewoks. It'll be nice to get further north and into some cooler weather soon.

Glad to hear your doing well, keep it up. Pics, want to see more pics.

Cooler weather, eh? Well you'll have to see how much cooler. I bet compared to down south, it'll feel cooler, but it has been a little warm around here. Mostly muggy and humid. The range has been between low 70's to high 80's daytime, but the evening been cooling down some into the low 50's at night, but that's here in southeast NH, along with afternoon thunderstorms. Yesterday there was some hail the size of a nickel in Concord, NH. Crazy weather.

Well have fun while you can and stay safe.
    \"J\"

It was in the mid 50's this am here in SO VT. much cooler then it has been. Walk faster before the heat returns

50s sounds great. It has been a bit cooler lately, I even had to use my sleeping bag a few nights ago. I'm now in Unionville, NY, at some guys house. He invited a bunch of hikers to his house for the night as we were loitering around outside the convience store. I've been doing big miloes lately as the terrain has been pretty flat, but boring. I should make it into CT in 6 days, It'll be nice to be into New England.

Hey, you haven't told us your trail name yet ... what were you christened?

And by chance did you bump into Hot Cheese and Birdbath? They've just entered NJ so you would have passed them (though they had to go off-trail for a wedding, so you might have missed outright).
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

Thread Information