• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

skibum9995 hikes the AT

Mike P.

Way to go skibum9995, No pain, no Maine. Late Summer, early fall is a great time to be in the BSP area, should even see some foliage to boot!

skibum9995

I'm passing through Andover, ME today after a few days of rough terrain. There has been lots of steep climbs and descents that have been wearing everyone down and causing daily miles to drop to about 15. 256.5 more miles to go, looking forward to the rest of Maine.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Here's wishing you great weather when you hit the Carabassett Valley region (Saddleback through Bigelows). We were just up there for 5 days and it was stunningly beautiful!

Mildcat

Thanks for taking the time to post this thread skibum9995. I've been glued to it since the beginning. When you're my age (and I'm only 39) you'll still be telling people stories of this trip. Good for you to take on this trip while you're still young and don't have responsibilities holding you back.

skibum9995

Now in Caratunk, ME, with only 150 miles to go. The plan as of now is to summit on the 10th. The weather lately has been amazing, cool temps and bright sun. I'm looking forward to getting into the 100 Mile Wilderness in a couple days.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Now in Caratunk, ME, with only 150 miles to go. The plan as of now is to summit on the 10th. The weather lately has been amazing, cool temps and bright sun. I'm looking forward to getting into the 100 Mile Wilderness in a couple days.

Nice work, great progress, Ten. Saw the article - congratulations, you now achieved your 15 minutes of fame. What's the one think you miss most?

Weather is looking good ahead - highs in the 70s, lows in the 50s this week, chance of rain this weekend, so enjoy the dry days.

Good luck in the 100 mile wilderness, I hear this can be a pretty challenging section (psychologically and civilization-wise).

Skier75

Can't tell you how jealous I am of you...

Yeah, me too. I'm lucky if I can do an occasional weekend day trip. Now the weather may play a part in that tomorrow.......damm work, keeps getting in the way. That's it I quit! Yeah, like that's gonna happen.....

skibum9995

Ben,

I hope you in a nice sheltered place tonight if you are getting any of the rain from Hanna like your home town is.

Still Jealous. Are we racing at Pat's this winter?
I hiked in the rain and dark for almost 5 hours that night, One of the most miserable days on Trail.

I'm in for racing if we have a team.

skibum9995

100_1875.jpg

9/11/08 at about 11:00 AM

Just got home after a 5+ hour drive. All the pics and a TR in a few days. I'm heading to NY in a few hours with a couple friends I hiked with to be extras in the movie Taking Woodstock.

roark

Congrats B! I know quite a few people who started, but didn't finish the AT. Way to go man.