skibum9995 hikes the AT - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Out of curiousity...how much money has this trip cost you so far???

Way to go skibum9995, No pain, no Maine. Late Summer, early fall is a great time to be in the BSP area, should even see some foliage to boot!
    Happy Trails, be safe & Good Luck
    Mike P.

Quote Originally Posted by GrilledSteezeSandwich View Post
    Out of curiousity...how much money has this trip cost you so far???
    I'm not exactly sure but my guess would be somewhere around 2500-3000.

I'm passing through Andover, ME today after a few days of rough terrain. There has been lots of steep climbs and descents that have been wearing everyone down and causing daily miles to drop to about 15. 256.5 more miles to go, looking forward to the rest of Maine.

Here's wishing you great weather when you hit the Carabassett Valley region (Saddleback through Bigelows). We were just up there for 5 days and it was stunningly beautiful!
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

Thanks for taking the time to post this thread skibum9995. I've been glued to it since the beginning. When you're my age (and I'm only 39) you'll still be telling people stories of this trip. Good for you to take on this trip while you're still young and don't have responsibilities holding you back.

Now in Caratunk, ME, with only 150 miles to go. The plan as of now is to summit on the 10th. The weather lately has been amazing, cool temps and bright sun. I'm looking forward to getting into the 100 Mile Wilderness in a couple days.

Wow... you've made tons of progress. Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by skibum9995 View Post
    Now in Caratunk, ME, with only 150 miles to go. The plan as of now is to summit on the 10th. The weather lately has been amazing, cool temps and bright sun. I'm looking forward to getting into the 100 Mile Wilderness in a couple days.
    Nice work, great progress, Ten. Saw the article - congratulations, you now achieved your 15 minutes of fame. What's the one think you miss most?

Weather is looking good ahead - highs in the 70s, lows in the 50s this week, chance of rain this weekend, so enjoy the dry days.

Good luck in the 100 mile wilderness, I hear this can be a pretty challenging section (psychologically and civilization-wise).
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Can't tell you how jealous I am of you...
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Thread Information