• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

skibum9995 hikes the AT

Greg

Staff member
100_1875.jpg

9/11/08 at about 11:00 AM

Just got home after a 5+ hour drive. All the pics and a TR in a few days. I'm heading to NY in a few hours with a couple friends I hiked with to be extras in the movie Taking Woodstock.

Awesome! Congrats. Great weather to finish your journey with!
:beer:

Wow an AT end to end hiker and a movie-star..you'd be perfect for some hippy roles with your steezy beard. Congrats..quite an accomplishment!!!!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
outstanding!
go eat steak, ice cream, and all the other garbage you please, sleep on a mattress and take a few showers! Enjoy. Memories to last a lifetime! I can't believe you'd do a TR so soon afterwards! Thanks for all the posts. inspirational!

Mike P.

There's a picture that says a thousand words! Congratulations!

Paul

Wow, major kudos to you Ben. That's an amazing accomplishment. Thanks for sharing it.

Pretty funny that you ran into Greg on top of Katahdin. ;-)

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Wow, major kudos to you Ben. That's an amazing accomplishment. Thanks for sharing it.

Pretty funny that you ran into Greg on top of Katahdin. ;-)

Apparently, a one legged Greg.

All kidding aside, awesome job man. I'm still pretty jealous.

Now that you've been done for 4 days, are you still relieved to be finisehd or are you having trouble assimilating yourself into "normal" life again?

cbcbd

Awesome job man!!!
Any plans for the PCT, CDT...?

I got a friend who did the AT in 06 who's on the PCT right now. He started last year and went until he ran out of money, bout halfway. He went back to finish this year, crossed WA state border last week and hopefully will be able to finish before having to go back to work!
Apparently the PCT trails are a lot mellower - he's been clocking in constant 20+mi days, many over 25.

skibum9995

Awesome job man!!!
Any plans for the PCT, CDT...?

I got a friend who did the AT in 06 who's on the PCT right now. He started last year and went until he ran out of money, bout halfway. He went back to finish this year, crossed WA state border last week and hopefully will be able to finish before having to go back to work!
Apparently the PCT trails are a lot mellower - he's been clocking in constant 20+mi days, many over 25.
I'd love to hit the PCT next year, but it will have t wait until 2010 most likely. I'd need time to recover from debt.

Nice shots...the last couple in PA are near where I live..where there are hardly any trees above the Lehigh River..how much weight did you lose???