• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 4/16/08 Bumps?

The wife and I decided to go to Mt. Snow and meet 2 other Hunter regulars, Candyman and DaveA. It took a lot of convincing on my part as they wanted to go to Killington. I tried to explain that with K1 and SS chair only, that a lot of traversing would be necessary, plus skis on and off what a pain. They went so far as to call Mt Snow and inquire about the bumps. They were told there were plenty of lines.

We arrive at 11am to bluebird and 50. I get a call from ny friends who say they are going to Killington because there are no bumps. Now I was getting a little worried. Looking up the mountain you would say they are right, but you need to pick and choose at Mt Snow. Why they left I don’t know. I can always sniff out the right lines.

The seeded bumps under the summit quad were crap, but Ego Alley was great. We also did several top to bottom runs on the narrow trail which starts under the summit triple and then goes to the left all the way to the bottom. Near the bottom you can to cut to the right and go under the summit express and then to the bumps on Yard Sale. You could also hit different variations of this with great bumps the whole way.

North Face had great bumps on Jaws, and the top of Rip Cord. The tress were filled with lots of twigs, but were great fun. Many of the other North Face runs were groomed or melted flat.

Amazing amounts of snow up there. Last day is 4/27 said the signs at the bottom. We’ll be back the 26th.

Pictures here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sheahunter1/MtSnowApril162008

Greg

Staff member
This will keep me very happy tomorrow.

CIMG8460.JPG

Thanks for the report/pics, Al!