• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The AlpineZone Battle Royal

drjeff

So bump skiers, how has the skiing been lately? Today was another fine day on Washington. Only 1,100 ft. of completely continuous vertical. What's that like double the vert of Sundown?

More than what your GPA must be from all that school you keep blowing off ;)

awf170

More than what your GPA must be from all that school you keep blowing off ;)

Hey, hey not cool... no taking my grades in the conversation. :p

I had a 3.6 this semester in Engineering. The only reason I missed any days of school this year was because of skiing.

drjeff

I had a 3.6 this semester in Engineering. The only reason I missed any days of school this year was because of skiing.

Remember this is the AZ Battle Royale, so anything is fairgame ;) ;) ;)

Just think about how much extra time you could have spent studying if you held yourself to lift served! ;) We'd be talking 3.9 ;) ;) ;)

deadheadskier

Staff member

Engineering?

crap, we've got another Marc budding right in front of our eyes

2knees

So bump skiers, how has the skiing been lately? Today was another fine day on Washington. Only 1,100 ft. of completely continuous vertical. What's that like double the vert of Sundown?

played a killer round of golf and raged with some old friends at a wedding reception into the wee hours of the night.

i'm not interested in spending $80,000 in gas to hike up a fly and mud encrusted hill to ski some rotted out corn hole snow for 50 turns or so.

awf170

+5 in the lift served category for that one!

I can't argue with that one.

played a killer round of golf and raged with some old friends at a wedding reception into the wee hours of the night.

i'm not interested in spending $80,000 in gas to hike up a fly and mud encrusted hill to ski some rotted out corn hole snow for 50 turns or so.

The snow wasn't corn, it was sort of icy, and the snow was encrusted with sh*t for the cog's black cloud of death, not mud. And I split the drive so it was only $40,000.

Here's one pics from GPetrics of me. (I forgot my camera, doh!)
n4402453_31079437_6776.jpg

drjeff

The snow wasn't corn, it was sort of icy, and the snow was encrusted with sh*t for the cog's black cloud of death, not mud. And I split the drive so it was only $40,000.

And you were making fun of the vertical at Sundown?? Geeze what's that like 15 maybe 20 verts tops! No wonder why it's not lift served! The slide in my kids playscape has more verts than that! ;) :LOL:

cedarworks.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member

Looks like some mandatory air there. Where's the pic of you crashing?

awf170

you actually need skis to do that?

Well you could slide down it on your ass, but I doubt you're stopping.

And you were making fun of the vertical at Sundown?? Geeze what's that like 15 maybe 20 verts tops! No wonder why it's not lift served! The slide in my kids playscape has more verts than that! ;) :LOL:

It continues once you skirt across that little piece of grass. Making it into a run with double the vert of the "mighty" Sundown.

Looks like some mandatory air there. Where's the pic of you crashing?

Nope, just step over the grass. There was a mandatory air (or down climb) about 50 ft later though. Gpetrics was thinking about airing it but decided that a somewhat firm 40 degree slope with sharp rocks below wasn't the best place to fall. We actually tried to push enough snow over it to make it skiable, but failed, and just made the down climb extra slippery. :dunce:

PS: I make fun of Sundown because I secretly wish it close to me. I'm not kidding. If Sundown was as close as Wawa for me I would be there a least one night a week bashing bumps with you guys.

Does Wawa have a designated bump run..

Oh to keep this thread going..people who re-enter a trail without looking uphill are not only Skiers Responsibility Code Violaters but also DuckD(ckM&therf*ckers..

dmc

Does Wawa have a designated bump run..

Oh to keep this thread going..people who re-enter a trail without looking uphill are not only Skiers Responsibility Code Violaters but also DuckD(ckM&therf*ckers..

Unless its a snowboarder that hits the skier re-entering the trail - then it's about the snowboarders blind spot.