• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gear Forum?

Should we create a "Gear" forum to discuss gear as well as buy/sell/trade gear?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not sure

• Total voters

Greg

Staff member
As always, I'm a big advocate of having only the minimum number of forums necessary, but this suggestion came up again, so I figured I'd poll it out. Perhaps this new forum could be used to not only discuss gear, but also to buy/sell gear which has also been suggested before (thread 1, thread 2). We could put a sticky at the top of the forum with instructions on how to buy/sell, e.g. by starting a thread with "FS:" for for sale, "WTB:" for wanted to buy. It opens up the door for some spam though....

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Even though it opens the door for spam, at least it will be confined to one place. I think it would be nice to have a dedicated place to B/S/T gear as well as ask for or post reviews on gear.

ChileMass

thetrailboss said:
Good idea, as long as AZ is cleared of liability :wink:

Thank you Mr. General Counsel....... :wink:

I think it's a good idea - Can you can filter for spammers?

Vortex

How about house rentals and Shares and things of that nature? Maybe to much? I voted yes. I just like to read what people have to offer and learn. Maybe my points are a reasons to not to have it from and administrative point.

thetrailboss

Staff member
ChileMass said:
thetrailboss said:
Good idea, as long as AZ is cleared of liability :wink:

Thank you Mr. General Counsel....... :wink:

I think it's a good idea - Can you can filter for spammers?

Hey, no problem! :lol: I know that this was the reason why AMC got rid of their gear chat room...people selling stuff and liability problems, etc.