• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Abasin 5/9-5/11

MRGisevil

Gotta love it!!!!!!

Woke up to about 6" of fresh snow and it's still coming down hard!!!!!! :p It's going to be a GOOD day!
Carrie did we luck out or WHAT???? Illy be on lookout for ya chickie. I'm in red and white 2day.

And someone pm me an email addy so I can email pics I took with iPhone this morning... I can't upload from this damn thing.....

snoseek

update? how was it? good enough for me to drop 33$ on a ticket? I'm guessing yes.

My guess is there's some Diva Apres-Ski going on right about now..with lots of bearded skibums saying,"How You Doing"..I wish I was still a bearded skibum..Props to those dedicated east coasters and mid westerners who flew to Colorado to luck out to a late Spring dump..mad steezy yo..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
BTW, I ran into 2 AZers today!!! :D Guess who! ;) I enjoyed taking some turns with them today.

DSCN0100.sized.jpg

My memory is fuzzy (blame it on the elevation) but today I skied more than I planned on, in spite of the knee and elevation. I hit Wrangler, Sundance, and High Noon off the Exhibition Lift. Once the winds died down for a little bit, we went up Lenawee Mountain Lift and I skied Humbug/Lenawee-Face bowls... went under the lift over to around Powerline/Dercum's Gulch (a little hard to tell exact trails as it was WIDE OPEN). Amazing skiing above the treeline!!! I wasn't sure I would do it, but I'm SO glad I did! I did see white spots at the top for a bit, and there was a bit of a whiteout, but it was awesome... the AZers, BTW, joined me on the runs off the top. :D

My legs gave out kind of early, but it's all good. I'm having a fantastic time. Would LOVE to move out here. Definitely want to come back next season to ski. And I really enjoyed skiing TrekChick's Blizzard Titan Eos skis all day. Very tempting...... :D

Last edited:

BeanoNYC

BTW, I ran into 2 AZers today!!! :D Guess who! ;) I enjoyed taking some turns with them today.

DSCN0100.sized.jpg

My memory is fuzzy (blame it on the elevation) but today I skied more than I planned on, in spite of the knee and elevation. I hit Wrangler, Sundance, and High Noon off the Exhibition Lift. Once the winds died down for a little bit, we went up Lenawee Mountain Lift and I skied Humbug/Lenawee-Face bowls... went under the lift over to around Powerline/Dercum's Gulch (a little hard to tell exact trails as it was WIDE OPEN). Amazing skiing above the treeline!!! I wasn't sure I would do it, but I'm SO glad I did! I did see white spots at the top for a bit, and there was a bit of a whiteout, but it was awesome... the AZers, BTW, joined me on the runs off the top. :D

My legs gave out kind of early, but it's all good. I'm having a fantastic time. Would LOVE to move out here. Definitely want to come back next season to ski.

ummm....more pics please.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
DSCN0095.sized.jpg

DSCN0096.sized.jpg

At the top of the Lenawee Mountain Lift
DSCN0098.sized.jpg

Looking out to the Montezuma Bowl access
DSCN0101.sized.jpg

Divas Gone Wild (a very small selection of the ladies here)
DSCN0108.sized.jpg

One of the Divas captured some video of me that I'm trying to get to put up here. Nothing spectacular ... just having fun. :D

More to come tomorrow!!!! Time for the hot tub! :D

Last edited:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Ok, what's going on here!

I will testify that she only had a couple of spirited beverages during dinner, ..
Just look for the poles, they are sooo ugly and stand out.
The Hart guys happen to love the Ski Divas!!
We'll steer

As for Severine having fun...............how can she NOT have fun!
Gotta love it!!!!!!

Woke up to about 6" it's still hard!!!!!! It's going to be a GOOD day!
Get ready to drool
Carrie did we luck out or WHAT????
DEFINITELY. 10-12" today. Beautiful conditions. ....
We had Snowgasms ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!
Divas Gone Wild (a very small selection of the ladies here)One of the Divas captured some video of me that I'm trying to get to put up here. Nothing spectacular ... just having fun.

More to come tomorrow!!!! Time for the hot tub!

Can anyone say, Kid in a candy store!
It all looks so sweet, but what is best to sample first?

Hmmmmmm, All of it!!!