• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Abasin 5/9-5/11

Trekchick

Where are the ski diva hot tub pics? :cool:

Did someone ask for the hot tub pictures?
attachment.php

Who's who?
OOOF Sorry!

Volklgirl(Kris), Severine (Carrie), Itri(Gaye), Lilabear(Sarah), Trekchick(Tricia)
Photo taken by missing diva InTheClouds

snoseek

Sev, sorry I missed you guys. It was tough telling who was who and I didn't feel like asking random women if they were diva's.

Good god what a day though! I'll let sev tell details.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'll be honest that all I could remember was that you had ugly poles, snoseek. :oops: But some of us were in retro/neon gear today. :D

Loading photos. Phenomenal bluebird day. Warm, good company, makes me want to move out here. :D I did get in a bit of a funk in the 2nd run on the bottom of the mountain, but the Divas were wonderful in helping me work through the funk and got me to go back up the Lenawee Mountain Lift to ski some bowls up top. I'm SO glad they did! I skied more than I thought I would, made some wonderful progress thanks to a very patient Diva who is also an instructor, and even took a peek down Montezuma Bowl (but chickened out because I wasn't in the right frame of mind to try it.

Hung out with Phil (the Hart rep...also on epic) for a bit while I drank a beer and just had a great time. (I know I keep saying that, but the only other word I can think of is radical ;))

We also met Michelle Roark from the US Ski Team (freestyle). Yup, MOGUL skier extraoirdinare. :D She was lively, tiny, and a bundle of energy. Trekchick has the picture with her.

I CAN'T WAIT to come back out here!!!!!!!

ETA: Ran into the 2 AZers again today. Wait until you hear their trip report!!!! :eek: I am astounded and amazed by all they have done. I can't wait to see their video!!!

Last edited:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Going up Lenawee Mountain Lift with the awesome Divas who helped me with the huge mental blocks I was having
DSCN0151.sized.jpg

The view over my shoulder on the lift
DSCN0154.sized.jpg

View from the top of Lenawee Lift
DSCN0158.sized.jpg

Look! It's me! (In retro gear!!!!)
DSCN0160.sized.jpg

Divas having fun
DSCN0162.sized.jpg

More to come after dinner...

Last edited:

snoseek

You ladies got an awfully nice one today.

Everything was so good for mid-may. I hiked up east wall twice for some perfect flat velvety snow. played around on perfect packed powder groomers that skied so awesome. Yesterday's snow really seemed to bond well and even pali trees were not rock hard bumps underneath.

The snow stayed dry up high a lot longer than I expected, north facing trees were still kinda dry when I left at 2. The beach was getting wound up, broke my two month pot sobriety. Didn't feel like drinking as I wanted to mountain bike down in golden. Severine if your considering colorado as a home I give it a big thumbs up, I like it here alot and not just for the skiing. Strictly skiing I would be in utah but I lived there 3 winters and like it here overall more. I skied powder this morning, drove 1 hour home and mountain biked dry trails @ 75 degrees. I've seen rain briefly 4 times since november, had snow on the ground less than 30 days this winter. Little less $$$$ but better quality of life for me at least.

2knees

awesome carrie. jealous but happy for you!

and happy mothers day all y'all!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Severine if your considering colorado as a home I give it a big thumbs up, I like it here alot and not just for the skiing. Strictly skiing I would be in utah but I lived there 3 winters and like it here overall more. I skied powder this morning, drove 1 hour home and mountain biked dry trails @ 75 degrees. I've seen rain briefly 4 times since november, had snow on the ground less than 30 days this winter. Little less $$$$ but better quality of life for me at least.
Tempting, tempting! Every CO resident I spoke with about this was widely in favor. HOWEVER, the timing just isn't right at the moment. :( But I will definitely come back!

2knees - there were plenty of times I was jealous of the AZ trips this past season. :D Thank you for the Mother's Day wishes. We all had a great one!

More pics?

Last edited:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
This is actually from Saturday but I just got the pic.... me with a fellow Diva on the chair lift (photo by itri)
IMG_3812.jpg

I "hiked" up to the Montezuma Bowl.... but chickened out when I looked over the lip. I was not in the right frame of mind for it. But I did get some photos of the view:

DSCN0171.sized.jpg

DSCN0172.sized.jpg

DSCN0173.sized.jpg

DSCN0174.sized.jpg

Assume the position! (With a little bit of Hart product placement...)
DSCN0181.sized.jpg

We hang for a while with a Diva's son
DSCN0183.sized.jpg

And that's it! Tomorrow I head home and back to reality. I think I'm better prepared for it now, though. The Divas are planning on a week in Summit County, CO next March and I REALLY want to get out for at least a long weekend.

Last edited:

skiadikt

way to get some girls ... geez a-basin is looking amazing for this time of year. love pallavicini!

we also love it there and would consider a move out there when the time is right ...

Trekchick

You ladies got an awfully nice one today.
Sure wish we'd hooked up for some turns.
I was in Montezuma Bowl, Palli, and the cornice.

With a group the size of ours, we tended to split into groups of terrain preference, mixing it up and mingling. I rarely saw Severine, but had a blast with her when I did. This group of women is awesome!!!

Hung out with Phil (the Hart rep...also on epic) for a bit while I drank a beer and just had a great time. (I know I keep saying that, but the only other word I can think of is radical ;))

!!!

It;s cool that you got to meet Phil from Epicski. I had the pleasure of skiing with him last season at Blue mountain. He only skied Blue because he lost a bet with me. I didn't know he was a Hart rep. Anyway I really enjoyed your reports from A-Basin. I've never skied there before but it's on my list.