• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Abasin 5/9-5/11

Oh Yeah and I always get a kick out of the Booty shots..and also the shots of the skis up in the air that the divas take..lol

Greg

Staff member
Nice report and pics Carrie! Again, you deserved this more than just about anybody. Happy belated Mother's Day.

Trekchick

Nice report and pics Carrie! Again, you deserved this more than just about anybody. Happy belated Mother's Day.

Greg, you would have loved the mogul comps. Not to mention all the great skiing conditions.
The two runs I took that Severine was in the pack, she did very well, I know this because I didn't have to wait,..................too long ;)

snoseek

Another winter storm warning posted. Looks like 18 or so inches in the next few days, who knows maybe more. Summer skiing is on!:snow:

How was this morning? This whole work thing kinda blows!

Trekchick

Another winter storm warning posted. Looks like 18 or so inches in the next few days, who knows maybe more. Summer skiing is on!:snow:

How was this morning? This whole work thing kinda blows!
I skied for a bit this morning, thanks to the generosity of Volklgirl and Severine.

It was FIRM groomers by East Coast standards. I think Coloradans call it Ice. ;)

We were whining about leaving today since the forecast for tomorrow promises to surpass Saturday! Can't we turn around and go back to Colorado?

wa-loaf

A buddy of mine just moved to Denver. I might have to start planning a trip for next May . . .

Thanks for the May stoke guys!

Trekchick

A buddy of mine just moved to Denver. I might have to start planning a trip for next May . . .

Thanks for the May stoke guys!
This Stoke was easy! I can't tell you how happy I am that Severine went with us!!!!

I would like to take an opportunity to thank Hart Ski for the added stoke to this weekend.
As most of you know, Hart Ski was holding Hartfest 2008 at Abasin the same weekend as the SkiDiva Get Together.

I'm sure that most who tested the Hart Skis as well as those Divas who had the privelage of skiing and dining with the Hart Guys, will agree with me that they are eager to listen to us and answer to our Harts Content ;)

On Sunday evening, during apres' ski, several SkiDivas had a great dinner with Chris and Phil from Hart. As if, listening to our ideas wasn't enough, they surprised us with a drawing for two pair of skis.

The Lucky Winners were DeAn, and Talbot!!!!

Congrats to the lucky winners!
Thanks heaps to Hart for listening and rewarding!!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
On Sunday evening, during apres' ski, several SkiDivas had a great dinner with Chris and Phil from Hart. As if, listening to our ideas wasn't enough, they surprised us with a drawing for two pair of skis.

The Lucky Winners were DeAn, and Talbot!!!!

Congrats to the lucky winners!
Thanks heaps to Hart for listening and rewarding!!!

Are you paying attention Greg?

Next year there better be apres ski dinners with ski manufacturer reps raffling off free skis at AZ outings.

Trekchick

Are you paying attention Greg?

Next year there better be apres ski dinners with ski manufacturer reps raffling off free skis at AZ outings.
I think I may have a connection if you want to set up a demo with the East Coast Hart Rep. ;)
No guarantees on ski give aways, but a guaranteed great time on their equipment!

As you can see, Hart is extremely enthusiastic about product placement :D
n830505017_2899076_4860.jpg

Philpug

I would like to thank all the Divas, Bears and AZ'ers that attended Hart-fest on Mothers Day. It was a huge success for us and A-Basin's USSA Mogul Camp. We were proud to be a part of the all the festivities over the weekend. HArt did give away F17's to the boys and girls competition winners along with pairs to two lucky Divas in attendance. One is an active member here!:flag:

I will keep everyone here updated with information on Hart events over the next season. In the meantime..I can assume we have a few Sawx fans here...on May 20th, Michael Morse, the U.S. National Dual Mogul Champ (and Hart F17 skier) will be throwing out the first pitch at Fenway Park! Your chance to get out and support skiers in baseball.

wa-loaf

I would like to thank all the Divas, Bears and AZ'ers that attended Hart-fest on Mothers Day. It was a huge success for us and A-Basin's USSA Mogul Camp. We were proud to be a part of the all the festivities over the weekend. HArt did give away F17's to the boys and girls competition winners along with pairs to two lucky Divas in attendance. One is an active member here!:flag:

I will keep everyone here updated with information on Hart events over the next season. In the meantime..I can assume we have a few Sawx fans here...on May 20th, Michael Morse, the U.S. National Dual Mogul Champ (and Hart F17 skier) will be throwing out the first pitch at Fenway Park! Your chance to get out and support skiers in baseball.

I'm sure if you post where and when you'll be doing demos a lot of AZ-ers will come out. Maybe you, Greg and Sundown can work something out for this: http://forums.alpinezone.com/27730-2009-ski-sundown-mogul-competitions.html

Thanks for posting and welcome to AZ!

Trekchick

Is Hart making a comeback? I never see their skis..
Mosdef!!! I was skeptical at first, but being the gear ho that I am, I had to try them out. Wow! Talk about snowgasms!!!
If/when you get a chance, you NEED to give them a try.

Here is a pic of our very own Severine with I [Hart] skiing
a830505017_2899072_3919.jpg

Can you believe he let her wear that Rossi head band?:lol:

Philpug

Is Hart making a comeback? I never see their skis..

I have been doing consulting with Bill Holmberg, 'Hart" Holmbergs grandson over the past couple of years and took a position of repping and design. Hart is positioning them selves for next season in select shops and full bore the following year. I have had a few demo's out this year, mostly in NY and VT and will be planning some this upcoming year...maybe even at Blue :). Hart is a US Ski Team Freestyle sponsor and we will three (so far ;) of the top U.S. mogul champs on out skis..Patrick Deneen, Michael Morse and Michelle Roark along with numerous up and comers including Killington champ, Justin Filskov. Check us out at www.hartskis.com you can also check reviews over at www.exoticski.com

You will start seeing more on the hill next season. :snow:

Trekchick

:roll: I can't believe I let me wear that!!! :eek:

I didn't get to demo any Harts, but I do have a nice blue shirt in my wardrobe now. Too bad Kris beat me to catching the fleece bouquet. :lol:
You looooooked Mavelous!!!

n830505017_2899088_7858.jpg

The way you went for it, I'm shocked she got it away from you!