• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Abasin 5/9-5/11

Trekchick

Okay a few more to round out the trip.
Meeting and chatting with Michele Roark was awesome. She was very enthusiastic about meeting us and visiting!!!
n830505017_2899084_6837.jpg

This is the tremendous trio at the Continental Divide.
Trekchick, Severine, Volklgirl(but Phil's about to change that to Hartgirl)

n830505017_2914682_1146.jpg

This is how we looked when we watched Severine get on her plane. We wanted to take her home with us sooooooo bad.
n830505017_2914909_453.jpg

Mosdef!!! I was skeptical at first, but being the gear ho that I am, I had to try them out. Wow! Talk about snowgasms!!!
If/when you get a chance, you NEED to give them a try.

Here is a pic of our very own Severine with I [Hart] skiing
a830505017_2899072_3919.jpg

Can you believe he let her wear that Rossi head band?:lol:

Nice Philpug is looking trim..:)

Warp Daddy

Just got back from several days on the road visiting grandkids and saw your TR AWESOME !!

So glad u got to go and have a great time with the Divas . Looks like a fun group who had a great Mom's day

Philpug

Well, I like the Denver airport so much....I missed my flight.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

powbmps

I [Hart] Skiing - Any New England dealers going to have the F17 this summer?

Trekchick

Looks like an awesome time. Can't believe the snow that's still coming down out there.

So is this a must have feature in a bump ski? :-o.
Powder day today at Abasin, and to answer your question, Uh Huh! ;)

IIRC, Skiershop in Stowe, is/will be all set up with the F17.
I [Hart] will correct me if I'm wrong, and have much more info.

Philpug

So far..

Skiershop in Stowe

ForeRunner in Killington

(probable)
Anderson's Ski & Dive in Providence RI

Plans are to add a few more.

Trekchick

Not to take away from your perfectly good thread hijack, but............wouldn't you like to see some more snowy pics from Abasin?

Here are a few more pics:
Me leading the way into TB Glades
13400333921.jpg

Lilabear and Me getting ready for fresh tracks
13400562446.jpg

Stevesmith7, me and Philpug(from epic) on Exhibition chair
13400333764.jpg

Snow was getting deeper all day long!
13400333860.jpg

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Next time I promise I won't be so much of a wuss and I'll actually ski Montezuma. :D

It's hard to believe that a week ago, I was in CO and had spent my first day skiing at Abasin... but I'm so glad I didn't cancel my trip like I almost did at the last minute.

Next year will be even better!

... but I'm so glad I didn't cancel my trip like I almost did at the last minute.

!

Wow...never...I repeat..never cancel a ski trip for any reason..If my grandma dies the day before I leave for Jackson Hole..she'll understand that I won't be at her funeral..actually she won't know because she'll be dead...doh...

Trekchick

Wow...never...I repeat..never cancel a ski trip for any reason..If my grandma dies the day before I leave for Jackson Hole..she'll understand that I won't be at her funeral..actually she won't know because she'll be dead...doh...
Not sure If I'd go that far, but it would take a lot for me to cancel a planned trip.

Next time I promise I won't be so much of a wuss and I'll actually ski Montezuma. :D

It's hard to believe that a week ago, I was in CO and had spent my first day skiing at Abasin... but I'm so glad I didn't cancel my trip like I almost did at the last minute.

Next year will be even better!
Sev, you did great on the terrain you skied. You could have done montezuma bowl but there is a bit of an illusion of steep at the top.
I planned on nailing my heli on this trip too, but there is no desire for me to spend time in the terrain park on a Powder day!!!

This trip was awesome skiing, but the social time and friendships we've gained were/are one of the truly spectacular things I'll cherish on this journey.
REALLY glad you came along!