• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Abasin 5/9-5/11

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Arrived safe and sound and I'm at the condo! :) We stopped by the base of Abasin to see the Hart rep. Looks good! I have some photos but since they're not skiing, I'll wait until the good stuff tomorrow (and update this thread).

Can't wait! :D I brought the Maries and the old boots, so it should be good.

BeanoNYC

Arrived safe and sound and I'm at the condo! :) We stopped by the base of Abasin to see the Hart rep. Looks good! I have some photos but since they're not skiing, I'll wait until the good stuff tomorrow (and update this thread).

Looking forward to hearing the TR's and seeing all the pics. Have fun!

wa-loaf

Awesome! Watch out for the bumps there. They get mighty big in the spring. :daffy:

Nice..have a mad steezy trip..get out early for some fresh cord..to warm up on..Holla

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Alright, got the pics from the base and road. They're in this gallery:
http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=929

DSCN0055.JPG

DSCN0056.JPG

DSCN0057.JPG

DSCN0058.JPG

snoseek

I may be up on Sunday.

I wear ratty looking green pants, black cloudveil coat, 4frnt with mountain scenic graphics and ugly looking purple poles with yellow grips. If you see me yell out brian.

Just look for the poles, they are sooo ugly and stand out.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Alright, got the pics from the base and road. They're in this gallery:
http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=929

DSCN0055.JPG

DSCN0056.JPG

DSCN0057.JPG

DSCN0058.JPG

Sick!

Haven't been in over ten years, but A-Basin is my favorite place I skied out West. I can remember skiing there for the first time when I was 16. I caught on with a local bartender named Pain Cave Dave. In that first picture, there's a GIANT drop right in the middle. I believe they called it the Quan. Dave dropped it with only about ten inches of fresh to land in. I would put it at a 50-60 foot huck. That was the first day of a killer week chasing locals around the hill.

LOVE A-Basin and hope you have a great time there.

snoseek

The new stuff at montezuma is pretty nice. it adds some good cruising terrain similar to the cruisers on the upper half of the mountain.

Greg

Staff member
Sure is a wimpy lookin' hill. :roll:

;)

Have fun! You deserve this.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I may be up on Sunday.

I wear ratty looking green pants, black cloudveil coat, 4frnt with mountain scenic graphics and ugly looking purple poles with yellow grips. If you see me yell out brian.

We'll look for you! Feel free to meet up with us at our designated times below. :D

Carrie, sorry I missed ur pm before I left! We're at dinner. I'll call ya tomorrow sister!
My cell doesn't appear to work at Abasin. We're meeting at 8:30AM @ the bottom of the Exhibition lift. If not then, we'll also be meeting 11:30AM by the mid mountain lodge.

I am so excited!!! It's been awesome so far and I haven't even skied yet. I could definitely see myself moving out here. It's gorgeous!

Last edited:

Trekchick

I will testify that she only had a couple of spirited beverages during dinner, but she still has her wits about her.

Great dinner with Bears, Divas and Hart Ski Guys.
Test skis tomorrow and see how we can rip it up!!!!

More pics to follow........................

Trekchick

Awesome! Watch out for the bumps there. They get mighty big in the spring. :daffy:
Just so happens Hart Is having a bump competition. The Hart guys happen to love the Ski Divas!!
We'll steer Severine away from the bumps tho. Something about a weak knee or sumthin. :)

Nice..have a mad steezy trip..get out early for some fresh cord..to warm up on..Holla
Oh yea. On EST we're up plenty early to hit first chair!!!

I may be up on Sunday.

Really looking forward to meeting up with you!

Sure is a wimpy lookin' hill. :roll:

;)

Have fun! You deserve this.
We'll do our very best to use these wimpy hills to their potential ;-)
As for Severine having fun...............how can she NOT have fun!

To bad you're not out here to be in the Hart Bump Competition. You could win some Hart Skis!!!
Hey, its not too late! Fly out today. We'll give you a sofa to sleep on!!
Comp tomorrow!
For anyone interested in checking it out
Hart Ski HartFest

Wow 5.5 inches of new snow in the past 24 hours at A-basin..

Trekchick: Hart should give you some free skis for all the plugs..lol

Have fun skiing today!!!