• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Back East - An East Coast Snowboarding Film

Website
www.iheartsnowproductions.com
Dropping Fall 08
More info at www.iheartsnowproductions.com

The teaser is online HERE
IMG_0623_small.jpg

awf170

I'm not trying to be a jerk but....

If you're are marketing an EC film, doesn't it need elements to look like the EC? Like in the meathead films they have tight woods skiing, riverbeds, quarry jibbing (I think it was a quarry?) If you watch a Meathead film it is very obvious that it is from the EC. With your video I would have no idea if it wasn't in the title.

Website
I understand your point, but woods skiing and riverbeds aren't only available on the east coast.. We differenciate our film as an east coast film from the rest by the fact that it's filmed at east coast mountains..loon, waterville, stratton, okemo, etc. The riders in the film also include respected east coast riders. You wouldn't see any snowboarding at loon on the west coast.. It's a video targeting riders on the east coast who are familiar with what goes on up here.

Wow..sick teaser...JEA!!!!!..Totally legit..I especially liked the mad steezy air off the big mother hucking booters...shred the gnar and ride the great white wave...yeah boy-eee

tcharron

I understand your point, but woods skiing and riverbeds aren't only available on the east coast.. We differenciate our film as an east coast film from the rest by the fact that it's filmed at east coast mountains..loon, waterville, stratton, okemo, etc. The riders in the film also include respected east coast riders. You wouldn't see any snowboarding at loon on the west coast.. It's a video targeting riders on the east coast who are familiar with what goes on up here.

I think what he's trying to talk about is, the trailer is just a string of the same thing you can see at anyplace. I would almost want to call it 'East Coast Park' video. So in a way, yes, you could say the video does show basically simular riders as on a smaller west coast hill, just on our hills.

If you look at, for instance, the Standard Snowboard Show on FuelTV. They always show the 'local flavor'. I'm not sure I see the local flavor there. Show me a boarder tricking out at Pats Peak on Hurricane. :-D

Website
No local flavor? It's a video featuring local east coast snowboarding... a film featuring burke, loon, waterville, okemo, stratton, sugarbush, stowe, watchusset, sunday river, bretton woods, mount snow, handrails in vermont and new hampshire isn't local? That's pretty local.. the teaser's purpose is to show the level of riding that will be included in the video, there's no way to categorize the video without seeing it in its entirety of 35 minutes.

awf170

I understand your point, but woods skiing and riverbeds aren't only available on the east coast...

Yeah, but east coast woods skiing is quite different from west coast. West coast films just don't show skiing like that.

We differenciate our film as an east coast film from the rest by the fact that it's filmed at east coast mountains..loon, waterville, stratton, okemo, etc. The riders in the film also include respected east coast riders. You wouldn't see any snowboarding at loon on the west coast.. It's a video targeting riders on the east coast who are familiar with what goes on up here.

But it still looks like the west coast. Maybe I'm just ignorant but parks all park looks the same to me, regardless of location.

snoseek

Yeah, but east coast woods skiing is quite different from west coast. West coast films just don't show skiing like that.

But it still looks like the west coast. Maybe I'm just ignorant but parks all park looks the same to me, regardless of location.

Looks like this video is puts more focus on east coast riders than the mountains themselves. Tree skiing is not nearly as different as you think except for maybe the background.

nice job on the teaser-looks like good riding.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Looks like some nice footage. I'd be reluctant to buy it because if its short length and I'd rather see more off trail footage, than park, but too each there own. Looks like you did a nice job

ERJ-145CA

Looks like some nice footage. I'd be reluctant to buy it because if its short length and I'd rather see more off trail footage, than park, but too each there own. Looks like you did a nice job

The Meathead movies are pretty short too, about 45 minutes, I think Schooled is about 35 minutes. Granted the more recent films have bonus movies on the discs but the early ones didn't and I think they all were worth the money.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Really? I only own Born from Ice and seems longer than 45 minutes, definitely so with the bonus footage. Perhaps it is only 45 mins or so. Seems longer

ERJ-145CA

Just looked at my Wanderland case and it's 47 minutes, not including the bonus movie, the other discs are downstairs so I didn't look at them.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
The Meathead movies are pretty short too, about 45 minutes, I think Schooled is about 35 minutes. Granted the more recent films have bonus movies on the discs but the early ones didn't and I think they all were worth the money.

+1

For the money, Meatheads just don't offer enough content to justify the prices, IMO, especially when half of that 45-50 minutes is park and urban rail. Which as Austin suggested can be done any where. There is a reason the major film companies do not shoot footage in the east. If they are going to do park and rail and backcountry jumps, they might as well do it where they can have sensational scenery and better snow. East coast movie outfits will always have a difficult time producing a product that is in demand because the locations are just not as dramatic as the west. I think what Austin is getting at is that the Meatheads really differentiate themselves and show footage that no other movie outfit produces whereas this production is not quite so unique, it just focuses on east locations with similar action. The difference is less location and more approach and attitude.

Regardless, always great to see east coast production outfits and $5 for 35 minutes is a BARGAIN compared to the dollars per footage ratio of most movie companies.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
goos park stuff, but this is not a video (at least from the teaser) that show cases what the east coast is all about. i have been riding on the east coast since i needed certification at stratton ( still have my badge ). if you are trying to differentiate the east from the west by just showing all park. then that what they ll think anyway. i would like to love to see someone pull a switch 5 off some the places on the chin at stowe. you need to expand what people think of riding in the east.