• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 2/9-2/11 Storm Discussion Thread

RossiSkier

Storm is still going

usa+bgwv.gif

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Conditions at Atowe. Good and getting better. First chair today, then first gondi, then second chair on the Big Pig. Really milked it. Conditions were 6-8 heavy inches that skiied really well. On the lower angle stuff you could just float down w/o edging much, with my fatties it was enough to no bottom out much. Hovered down Nosedive alone w/no tracks, really had to point the bottom to make the quad. Hunted fresh untracked all day.

RossiSkier

JD said:
Conditions at Atowe. Good and getting better. First chair today, then first gondi, then second chair on the Big Pig. Really milked it. Conditions were 6-8 heavy inches that skiied really well. On the lower angle stuff you could just float down w/o edging much, with my fatties it was enough to no bottom out much. Hovered down Nosedive alone w/no tracks, really had to point the bottom to make the quad. Hunted fresh untracked all day.

SWEET!! What model are you fatties? You got me drooling. CLOCK, move faster!

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Some old Wolf Cold Smokes...in a 168. 8) Still dumping here, but it looks like NH and Maine will have the biggest totals in the end. Hard to tell what the wrap-around will do.

Robbski

hammer said:
Bob R said:
Loon Reporting 7 inches at top 2 at base so far. Cannon and Bretton Woods always seem to come in with the highests totals.
Any of these places reasonable for a day trip from Nashua? I've considered them but I'm concerned about the drive times.

Hell yeah! 11/2 hrs tops to loon from Nashua, 1 3/4 to Cannon and maybe 2 1/4 to BW unless you have an excellent radar detector

ctenidae

Loon's at most 2 hours from Boston, with a middlin' radar detector. If you can't get there from Nashua, well, you're just not trying hard enough.

Vortex

Loon just sent me an e-mail powder alert 15 inches so far and still snowing . Got it about 3.30. I bet they send these to other people also :wink:

ChileMass

NCP (non-crystalline precip) has changed over to snow in the past half hour here in scenic Billerica, MA......

Robbski

Bob R said:
Loon just sent me an e-mail powder alert 15 inches so far and still snowing . Got it about 3.30. I bet they send these to other people also :wink:

Somehow I don't feel quite as special anymore. :wink:

DJAK

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
skitheeast.net
Just saw this on another website - check the cam.

ATTITASH BURIED BY NOR’EASTER TO THE DELIGHT OF SKIERS AND RIDERS
Resort to be 100% open this weekend – 18” at 4:00 p.m. Sunday as snowfall continues

BARTLETT, NH (Feb. 10, 2005) – Defying earlier forecasts of a more southern track, the Feb. 10 nor’easter has slammed into the Mount Washington Valley. Snow got underway early on Thursday morning and had accumulated to depths of 18” across the two peaks of Attitash by early evening. The resort plans to be 100% open for the upcoming weekend when fair weather is forecast to arrive.

http://www.attitash.com/camshot.html

sledhaulingmedic

I skied Ragged today. Around a foot by sweep. No one there. Fresh tracks all afternoon. Yum

W

wormly81

Loon

Best conditions so far this year at Loon today. Was still finding fresh tracks in 12-18"s of powder at noon (Face shots baby).

soooooo good. Mmmmm.

Jeff