• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you into at the moment?

Puck it

I did not get "jj". Sorryy. Some of the "pop country" is okay. You also left off the old syle Southern Rock.

dmc

Music I'm into right now;

Umphrey's McGee
Partical
Galactic
Moe.
Ominous Seapods

Umphrey's was OFF THE HOOK at Mountain Jam last Saturday...
Those guitar players are SICK!

gorgonzola

lots of stuff but right now raconteurs, steve earle, and ryan adams are getting the most play. heading into reaggae mix and jack johnson season though and will be checking out the new john hiatt

Beetlenut

Umphrey's was OFF THE HOOK at Mountain Jam last Saturday...
Those guitar players are SICK!
Wow, sorry I missed that! Everyone in the band are excellent musicians! Too bad String Cheese broke up. Know of any other jam bands like Umphrey's , String Cheese, Moe...?

dmc

Wow, sorry I missed that! Everyone in the band are excellent musicians! Too bad String Cheese broke up. Know of any other jam bands like Umphrey's , String Cheese, Moe...?

The rest of the band is great... But the guitar players stand out...

Phish should be getting together soon...

ERJ-145CA

Besides my old standbys - Zeppelin, Sabbath, Alice in Chains and Ministry, I've been listening to a lot of Staind, Nonpoint, Bullet for My Valentine and Linkin Park lately.

deadheadskier

Staff member

The Brew

Young and up and coming, but these 'kids' completely rip. They worked with Hornsby's producer on their latest album.

thebrew.biz

Beetlenut

The Brew

Young and up and coming, but these 'kids' completely rip. They worked with Hornsby's producer on their latest album.

thebrew.biz
They do sound interesting! Any recomendations on albums to buy (i.e. The Key, Deja Brew, or their newest Back to the Woods)?

deadheadskier

Staff member
They do sound interesting! Any recomendations on albums to buy (i.e. The Key, Deja Brew, or their newest Back to the Woods)?

Back to the Woods is their newest and most refined and is quite good.

Live is certainly where they shine though

I'd recommend this

http://www.archive.org/details/theBrew2008-04-05.at822.matrix

That was their CD release party for Back to the Woods at Harpurs Ferry in Boston in April. I was fortunate to be in Boston for business and got to see the show which ripped.

Dr Skimeister

Finally getting around to cataloging this week's new arrivals to my collection....

REALLY like the pre-release copy of Railroad Earth's "Amen Corner" that I got, set to come out next Tuesday. Jury is still out on latest release by Jackie Green. I enjoyed his last one, "American Myth" so much that maybe the bar was raised a wee bit too much for this one, "Giving Up The Ghost". And I got the chance to revisit a favorite from the past, "Greatest Stories Live" by Harry Chapin. Had this on cassette since it was released in '76, finally found it cheap on disc.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nice! Railroad Earth. I haven't seen those guys in a couple of years, need to make the effort next time they swing through.

Edd

Black Keys, Black Mountain, BRMC. Black Keys new release is smokin. Was going to see them in Philly last week, but they're playin at the Virgin Festival at Pimlico in August so I'll see them then.

I saw them in Boston a month ago. Very good show.