• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Grand Monadnock.

Bostonian

Yesterday my fiance and I hiked Mount Monadnock. We arrived at the base around noon time, where we packed (well I packed...) up some light snacks and water. Whereas this was like my 5th time hiking it, it was Rebecca's first.

We took the White Dot Trail up, which took us about an hour and a half approximately, with stoppages along the way to check out the views. We reached the summit around 1:40pm approximately, where we relaxed, took in the views and the cool refreshing breezes! By 2:15pm, we descended via the white cross trail, and made it back down to the car at 4pm. There were quite a bit of crowds, trail conditions were for the most part dry, with some mud here and there. It was the first time in about 15+ years going there. Felt good to be back!

MikeTrainor

Glad you had a great trip. I re-found Monadnock the end of last year and have done it 3 times already this season. I usually take either the Dublin or the Marlboro trails since they tend to have less people on them.