Finding Gary a new bike! - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    Now i really do need a new bike, i can't be seen riding that piece of crap! even on the rail trail they'll make fun of me.
    You have 3 days, 10 hours, and 21 minutes to figure it out. Then you can join us on Sunday morning!

I ski double black diamonds.

what's the story with Giant? i thought it was a department store brand but chcking their web site it looks like there is a dealer not too far from me.

at first glance to my untrained eye that Yukon looks like a nice feature set for the $$

Giant makee nice bikes (for themselves and others). They are the largest bike maker in the world and build frames for many of the top companies. Like I said in an earlier post, 3 companies in Taiwan, one of them being Giant, make somehting like 95% of the bike frame in the world.

check this out
    http://allanti.com/page.cfm?PageID=328

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You have 3 days, 10 hours, and 21 minutes to figure it out. Then you can join us on Sunday morning!
    well, all decisions related to MTB (buying + riding), are on hold. i broke my collarbone playing softball last night. i won't be doing anything fun for several weeks

well, all decisions related to MTB (buying + riding), are on hold. i broke my collarbone playing softball last night. i won't be doing anything fun for several weeks

did you breaking actually playing Softball or "playing" softball (meaning lots of beer was involved)

How did you manage that? Take a line drive to the body or something?

That sucks, but then again now you'll have plenty of time to do research on a new bike.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    did you breaking actually playing Softball or "playing" softball (meaning lots of beer was involved)
    i play in friday night men's league, no beer until after the games. sadly no beer at all last night, just 3 hours @ ER + tylenol.

How did you manage that? Take a line drive to the body or something?
    diving for a line drive, my shoulder took the brunt of the landing.

diving for a line drive, my shoulder took the brunt of the landing.
    That sucks, but it could have been much worse if you wrecked your shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    That sucks, but then again now you'll have plenty of time to do research on a new bike.
    and maybe catch an end of summer sale!!

Oh man, sorry to hear that. At least I'm not the only on laid up now. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

RE: sales. If you are ever up in the Boston area, Belmont Wheelworks in Belmont (duh) has an annex where they sell a lot of past seasons bikes that are brand new. It's a good way to move up a couple levels at the same price point.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    Oh man, sorry to hear that. At least I'm not the only on laid up now. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

RE: sales. If you are ever up in the Boston area, Belmont Wheelworks in Belmont (duh) has an annex where they sell a lot of past seasons bikes that are brand new. It's a good way to move up a couple levels at the same price point.
    thanks. i might be up in boston this summer, wife wants to go with kids for a weekend. if we do, i'll check that place out.

Thread Information