• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Finding Gary a new bike!

Greg

Staff member
Now i really do need a new bike, i can't be seen riding that piece of crap! even on the rail trail they'll make fun of me. :lol:

You have 3 days, 10 hours, and 21 minutes to figure it out. Then you can join us on Sunday morning!

MR. evil

what's the story with Giant? i thought it was a department store brand but chcking their web site it looks like there is a dealer not too far from me.

at first glance to my untrained eye that Yukon looks like a nice feature set for the $$

Giant makee nice bikes (for themselves and others). They are the largest bike maker in the world and build frames for many of the top companies. Like I said in an earlier post, 3 companies in Taiwan, one of them being Giant, make somehting like 95% of the bike frame in the world.

check this out
http://allanti.com/page.cfm?PageID=328

MR. evil

well, all decisions related to MTB (buying + riding), are on hold. i broke my collarbone playing softball last night. i won't be doing anything fun for several weeks :cry:

did you breaking actually playing Softball or "playing" softball (meaning lots of beer was involved:wink:)

How did you manage that? Take a line drive to the body or something?

gmcunni

did you breaking actually playing Softball or "playing" softball (meaning lots of beer was involved:wink:)
i play in friday night men's league, no beer until after the games. sadly no beer at all last night, just 3 hours @ ER + tylenol.

How did you manage that? Take a line drive to the body or something?

diving for a line drive, my shoulder took the brunt of the landing.

wa-loaf

Oh man, sorry to hear that. At least I'm not the only on laid up now. ;-) Hope you have a speedy recovery.

RE: sales. If you are ever up in the Boston area, Belmont Wheelworks in Belmont (duh) has an annex where they sell a lot of past seasons bikes that are brand new. It's a good way to move up a couple levels at the same price point.

gmcunni

Oh man, sorry to hear that. At least I'm not the only on laid up now. ;-) Hope you have a speedy recovery.

RE: sales. If you are ever up in the Boston area, Belmont Wheelworks in Belmont (duh) has an annex where they sell a lot of past seasons bikes that are brand new. It's a good way to move up a couple levels at the same price point.

thanks. i might be up in boston this summer, wife wants to go with kids for a weekend. if we do, i'll check that place out.

wa-loaf

thanks. i might be up in boston this summer, wife wants to go with kids for a weekend. if we do, i'll check that place out.

If you are staying downtown, you can take the commuter rail from North Station directly to the shop. Fitchburg Line, Waverly stop.

o3jeff

Did you actually break it playing softball or did the old Schwinn get the better of you and don't want to tell us after being warned about that bike in the other thread?
j/k:wink:

bvibert

Staff member
Sorry to hear that Gary. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Like Jeff said, at least you'll have a chance to really research your new bike.

Greg

Staff member
That's a major bummer, Gary! Rest up and get well soon and hopefully we'll be able to get some riding in this summer still.

tjf67

i play in friday night men's league, no beer until after the games. sadly no beer at all last night, just 3 hours @ ER + tylenol.

diving for a line drive, my shoulder took the brunt of the landing.

Tell us you caught the ball??????

gmcunni

Tell us you caught the ball??????

i did make the catch but now am out for the season on two teams + MTB.:cry:

turns out my break is not typical and the doc recommends surgery to put a plate in.

good news is my shoulder will (should) heal and be back to normal. i'll resume MTB in the fall.

Greg

Staff member
turns out my break is not typical and the doc recommends surgery to put a plate in.

good news is my shoulder will (should) heal and be back to normal. i'll resume MTB in the fall.

That really sucks. Well, heal up. We'll do some pre-skiing rides.

Greg

Staff member
So Gary - what is the new X-ray avatar showing us? When do you anticipate being able to ride?