• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Days out this year so far

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i just realized that as of this weekend, i have officially blown by my amount of ski days last year and am on pace to more than double that number blowing by my highest number of ski days in a single season. so far i have 17 days out with 19 actual outings (two days of BC combined with a halfday lift ticket). i'm gunning for 35, but may blow by that if the BC is good after the lifts closed. how is everyone else doing so far? the good snow should surely help increase some numbers!

awf170

only 7 but i will have 12/13 after i go to utah next week, last year i was doing way better and had like 15 at this time.

loafer89

I have skied 15 days this year so far, and I have skied the last 9 days in a row since we got up to Maine last weekend. We plan on skiing at Sugarloaf tommorow before we go home, so that will make 16 days and 10 in a row.
My body sure is sore from all the skiing though.

Terry

how many days so far?

Today made 34 so far for me this year. The skiing was awesome at Sunday River today!!! Just my daughter and I, and we had a great day!
:beer:

Vortex

Nashoba Thurs min a-z get together

36 after this weekend, Come ski Nashoba Thursday night and add an easy day to your totals. Happy valentines day all. Just saw this we have 2 threads going on with this my totals. 72 know :D

Greg

Staff member
Friday will be 15 for me which is usually my season total. The rest is gravy. Aiming for 2 dozen this season...

thetrailboss

Staff member
Up to 21 after yesterday :D . Pretty darn good considering that early December was a wash...hoping for 30 this season.

dmc

A lot less then the most but more than the least.... :)

I counted yesterday as 5 - it was so good......

Vortex

I had to bail on yesterday I had the kids the, Mrs had to work. They would not go in the snow storm. I'm not sure who their father is then. Can't push kids into to it. 39 days still will get 60. Got all next week off I think. Should be a Sat 27th-march 6 run if all goes well.

tekweezle

just made my 8th day this season on sunday 2/20 to Hunter. conditions were okay but I wished i could have convinced my non commital city ski friends to have skied the monday instead....

dmc

tekweezle said:
just made my 8th day this season on sunday 2/20 to Hunter. conditions were okay but I wished i could have convinced my non commital city ski friends to have skied the monday instead....

We spent the entire day Sunday on Westway(44)... It was awesome!!!

Monday was one of the best days of the year... imho

tekweezle

we probably crossed paths without knowing it.

i skied 4 runs on the westside in the morning. 2 on Westway and 2 on claire's way. Claire;s was pretty much bulletproof in my estimation and made worse by my skis in dire need of a sharpening. Westway was much better with some freshly blown snow on it. it was really crowded though and i saw a couple of collissions and was nearly part of one. from the chair, I saw a skier on Westway lose a ski and tumble about 100 feet and take out someone stopped off the side. it was spectacular yet sickening. after that, I decided to ski elsewhere. had a good day overall.

i hear the monday was even better. good for you if you got to enjoy it.

dmc

tekweezle said:
it was really crowded though and i saw a couple of collissions and was nearly part of one. from the chair, I saw a skier on Westway lose a ski and tumble about 100 feet and take out someone stopped off the side. it was spectacular yet sickening. after that, I decided to ski elsewhere. had a good day overall.

I was on telemark skis in the morning and it was very "hard packed"... I switched to snowboard in the afternoon so i could manage the "ice" better...

44 was crowded at times due to instructors bringing their classes down in big groups... :angry: I complained to the correct people about that...

As far as people falling and sliding on 44... It happens ALL the time.. Sucker is steep and wide.. You kinda forget how fast your going... Anyone under "expert/advances" will have problems on it..

I saw a different wreck from sliding on each chair just about... Lots of my patroller friends were just hauling sleds all day up and down...

JimG.

Staff member
Ya, yesterday at Hunter was pretty awesome. Got booted off the west side at 3:30 and skied down the front in a total fog. Couldn't see a thing. Called it a day after that.

Missed Sunday, but Saturday was pretty sweet too.

Lostone

Please don't hate me... :cry:

I just did #73, today. # 74 should be tomorrow, and it should be a powder day. :beer:

I''m skiing for $13.3 / day.
I've skied 257.5 vertical miles
I've taken 1094 runs.

I like skiing. :beer:

:idea: OK... now you can hate me. :D :wink:

Terry

how many days so far

Today will make 42 for me. I am off all week, and will ski every day. I am shooting for 70 days, and just might make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:beer: