• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Meriden Mtn/Hubbard Park, Meriden, CT

Greg

Staff member
Met up with o3jeff, powhunter and johnnypoach at Hubbard Park. We rode up on to the ridge. A differnet route than Steve wanted to take us on (gate to the castle was closed), but still fun. A mix of mostly doubletrack, some singletrack, some no-track. :blink: Highlights included powhunter modifiying his bike to save weight, jp's "mountain bike" (vintage department store-style), and powhunter's two flights into the reservoir! Took a small amount of vid and I'll throw something together later tonight. Really good time. I crashed a bunch of time trying to clear logs and stuff. Still trying to get releasing out of these pedals. Took a branch to the skull that entered one of my vents. :lol: A little beat up, but totally worth it. Can't wait to go again. Rediscovering MTB will definitely keep me going until ski season starts!

o3jeff

Definitely was a good time. I will have to get out during the week to build up some endurance.

Looking forward to the video and the next excursion.

MR. evil

Sorry I couldn't make it, the back was in rough shape this morning from yesterdays ride. I plan on making the next ride. When is it?

Greg

Staff member
Definitely was a good time. I will have to get out during the week to build up some endurance.

Looking forward to the video and the next excursion.

Definitely lots of fun riding with you. I was pretty okay on the endurance front. Only got really winded once. What I need to build is some balls.

I plan on making the next ride. When is it?

Dunno. Propose something. I might be able to pull off a late afternoon ride somewhere too. I know Steve has Mondays off.

powhunter

Great getting out with you guys.....Looks like we made the right call going early...beating out the T-storms....would have sucked getting wet ;-)....Definately gotta try to hook up once a week.....maybe for the next mission we can recruit mr gisevel, bivert, 2knees, and grassi (Pat I think jonnypoach has a spare bike for ya :-D )

steve

MR. evil

Great getting out with you guys.....Looks like we made the right call going early...beating out the T-storms....would have sucked getting wet ;-)....Definately gotta try to hook up once a week.....maybe for the next mission we can recruit mr gisevel, bivert, 2knees, and grassi (Pat I think jonnypoach has a spare bike for ya :-D )

steve

I am in for the next one:grin: I might be able to get Randi to come too. I just spent the last hour stripping down and cleaning my cranks and bottom bracket. They had a ton of mud in them from yesterdays ride. I think I will also have to clean the rear der.

I also have a spare bike but it needs some work (new rear der, and some new tubes). Though it would probably be to big for Pat or Grassi.

Greg

Staff member
Here's a little video. It's more about us goofing off than it is actual good riding, but there are some classic powhunter/johnnypoach moments. Enjoy:

Here's the high res for anyone that wants to wait for this... :roll:

:lol:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
:lol: I thought the skiing vids were great, but this might rival them. ;)

You guys look like you have a lot more fun than I do on my tame rides.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice vid Greg. I definitely need to hook up with you guys for the next ride!

BTW, Johnny, you're going to kill your self on that thing! :eek:

Greg

Staff member
BTW, Johnny, you're going to kill your self on that thing! :eek:

He needs a helmet desperately too. :eek:

Typical johnnypoach for ya right there... :lol:

MR. evil

In an earlier post Steve mentioned that JP had a spare bike. So I have to ask, if that is his main ride what does the spare look like:blink:

powbmps

Looks like a good time. That high-tech hammer must be a bitch to lug around though.