White Memorial, Morris, CT: 6/10/08 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Good times, nice way to end my birthday. The flat tire wasn't the best way to start the ride, but it wasn't a big deal. I think it showed Greg that it's a good idea to carry tire levers and a pump, so that was a positive. Can't wait to do it again sometime!
    just picked up the c02 system...1 cartridge is good for 1 tire.....cant wait to blow out a tire and try it out

steve

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Quote Originally Posted by powhunter View Post
    just picked up the c02 system...1 cartridge is good for 1 tire.....cant wait to blow out a tire and try it out

steve
    They are o.k. Really better for the road, where its difficult to get a minipump that will give you 110 lbs of pressure. It's not too hard to pump up a mtn tire to 40 lbs. You have to be careful about being certain that the tube is set properly in the wheel...before pumping up with the CO2. I've seen someone get a blowout from pumping them up with the cartridge.

Quote Originally Posted by powhunter View Post
    I have one of those too, 1 cartridge is NOT enough for 1 tire. It's enough to get you out of the woods if needed, but it's not enough for me to ride comfortably on. The two times that I've blown out I used the CO2 to get it most of the way there and then had to use the pump to get it the rest of the way.
    Brian

Based on Google Earth and the WM map, I estimated our ride was about 4.5 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Based on Google Earth and the WM map, I estimated our ride was about 4.5 miles.
    Cool, I'll take your word for it. On that map you can see some of the dirt roads I was telling you about.
    Brian

I found a report somewhere online about some rides to the East side of Pitch Reservoir in the lower right corner of that map. Might be another area worth scoping out.

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Cool, I'll take your word for it.
    Look about right to you?

I found a report somewhere online about some rides to the East side of Pitch Reservoir in the lower right corner of that map. Might be another area worth scoping out.
    Yeah, I tried looking for those trails a few times, but all I found was several No Tresspassing signs.
    Brian

Look about right to you?
    Yeah that looks about right to me.
    Brian

It's kinda funny, the White Memorial trail map on bikerag shows only trails in the area that you're talking about, which is completely outside of the White Memorial property.
    Brian

Thread Information