• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan State Forest, Burlington, CT - June 11th, 2008

bvibert

Staff member
I went to Nassahegan after work today for the first time. I started out at the soccer field and pretty much only knew where the start was and not much else. Did a bit of exploring, didn't really get to far, but I did have fun (for the most part). All told I rode for about an hour, I'd like to go back when I have some more time to do some more exploring. The only slight bummer was finding two deer ticks on my legs after the ride.

Greg

Staff member
Nice! What type of trails did you hit?

bvibert

Staff member
Nice! What type of trails did you hit?

It seems like most of the stuff where I was is part of the CT Blue Trail system, which I'm not sure if you're technically supposed to ride on. Anyway, those trails are relatively wide hiking trails. I found one really cool section of unmarked single track that was really fun. I think there's more like that to be found

Greg

Staff member
It seems like most of the stuff where I was is part of the CT Blue Trail system, which I'm not sure if you're technically supposed to ride on. Anyway, those trails are relatively wide hiking trails. I found one really cool section of unmarked single track that was really fun. I think there's more like that to be found

Lemme know when you want to go....