• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton 6/15/08 via AT/LT

tree_skier

date : 6/15
weather: partly cloudy with full cloud cover to south temp mid 70's at trailhead.

Arrived at the trailhead at about 11:15 after waiting for the overcast to clear with my 2 children. I had lunch in my pack while they just had thier camelbacks. Took the AT/LT to the summit. For me it was moderate to difficult, luckily for me my 11 y/o daughter, Stephanie, was along so the pace was a little slow as she started proclaiming she was going to die about 10 minites into the hike. Drew my other cherub who spent the year playing 7th grade sports powered up and was complaining our pace was too slow. Arrived at the summit at about 1:10. Enjoyed lunch, climbed the fire tower and chatted with a gentleman who was finishing the AT which he did up to NY in 97 and is doing the rest now. Left the summit at about 1:35 continuing north on the AT/LT descending to the forest road. The cherubs had a ball on the descent, took the forest road south, along up and down walk, Steph was again dragging a little back to the AT/LT then south on the AT/LT where steph perked up again on the downhill wooded trail. Arrived at the trailhead at about 4:00. A good fathers day hike, Drew had a great time and steph managed.