• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB: West Hartford Reservoir, CT - 6/22/08

powhunter

I'm in, but I'd like to be on the trail by 8am if possible, does that work for others? I don't think there's going to be time for a parking lot derailer replacement though. I've never actually replaced one, can you do it without replacing the cable too??

Powhunter
Jonnypoach
bvibert

Im gonna try to get that done on sat....shit I hope I dont need a cable....tim??

steve

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
You will probably need a new cable. Pick one up at yout local bike shop for a couple of bucks

Just replacing the derailleur?

Don't need a new cable if there's enough extra on the current one. Replacing just the derailleur = 15 minutes, derailleur and cable = 40 minutes.

awf170

I could possibly come down for that if someone tells me were it is, and it isn't too far. West of Hartford is going in the right direction. I don't suppose anyone from down there rides at Case Mountain?

Hmm... I might be in if you're in. That is if I can hitch a ride with you. Hmm... skiing or biking? :???:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Hmm... I might be in if you're in. That is if I can hitch a ride with you. Hmm... skiing or biking? :???:

Fairly certain we're talking about biking now. I didn't even know you had a bike. Makes sense though, your scrawny ass should be able to pedal up hill like you're being pulled by a rope.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com

Never mind I found the pic's of your bike. In serious need of TLC. Or a new bike. Have you heard of this thing people are using these days, it's called, the internet? Craigslist, fleabay, mtbr.com... start looking mang.

awf170

Never mind I found the pic's of your bike. In serious need of TLC. Or a new bike. Have you heard of this thing people are using these days, it's called, the internet? Craigslist, fleabay, mtbr.com... start looking mang.

Pfff... it's fine. Just watch when you get your ass kicked on all the hills on Sunday. ;-)

awf170

Fairly certain we're talking about biking now. I didn't even know you had a bike. Makes sense though, your scrawny ass should be able to pedal up hill like you're being pulled by a rope.

Yeah, biking. But if you want to go skiing that's fine with me. And yes, as of 4 days ago I have a bike and ride. I suck, but I have ton of energy and am pretty stupid when it comes to what I'll go down.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Yeah, biking. But if you want to go skiing that's fine with me. And yes, as of 4 days ago I have a bike and ride. I suck, but I have ton of energy and am pretty stupid when it comes to what I'll go down.

So it wouldn't be much different than skiing with you.

awf170

Except I'm actually a decent skier. Somehow I have only fell once so far and it wasn't even that bad. Must just be dumb luck. So yeah, are you going Sunday morning? You can even help me work on my bike after the ride (or demand that I get a new one).

MR. evil

It is all off road, mainly single track. But you can ride what ever kind of bike you have. You should see the death trap..... I mean 3 wheels amphebious asualt vehicle that Jonhy Poach rides.

So what time are we meeting? Hoe does 8:00am work for everyone?

bvibert

Staff member
What kind of ride is this? Would a hybrid do, or is it strictly mountain biking?

It's going to be mostly mountain bike trails, a lot of single track. I suppose a decent hybrid with good tires might be okay.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
It's going to be mostly mountain bike trails, a lot of single track. I suppose a decent hybrid with good tires might be okay.

I'm fairly certain a "decent hybrid" is going to do better than the bastardized steel contraption Austin plans on riding.

bvibert

Staff member

Greg

Staff member
The "Two Wheel Amphibious Assault with Breakaway Steering Column". :lol: It truly is a sight to behold...

Greg

Staff member
Austin you can borrow my bike if you want. It's hott with 2 t's.

I'm going to guess it's probably a little too small for that gangly kid, but it being pink is perfect.