• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB: Nassahegan, Burlington, CT - 6/24 and 6/26

Greg

Staff member
I am in for tomorrow.

So see you guys at Lamsons Corner 6:15-6:30? Just look for a dopey looking guy in a green honda element (or a black diesel jetta) and a green bike. A buddy of mine might join in as well if he can make it.

Hopefully the weather holds.

Sweet! You can show us the right way to go. :lol: POS grey Cherokee, silver Jamis hard tail.

And please have patience with us. ;)

bvibert

Staff member
Assuming that my tux fitting doesn't take too long and it's not pouring then I'll be there. I'll be in my white passat wagon and be riding the white and black rockhopper FSR.

bvibert

Staff member
The weather isn't looking all that promising for this ride tonight... :(

Hopefully we get some rain to roll through early and then it lets off in time to ride!

bvibert

Staff member
The weather isn't looking all that promising for this ride tonight... :(

Hopefully we get some rain to roll through early and then it lets off in time to ride!

Ugh, since I posted that the chances of rain went from 60% to 90% on the forecast I'm looking at.. :(

Greg

Staff member
Gonna be a game time decision for me. I'm hoping we can dodge the showers. As long as it's not a moderate to heavy rain, I'm in.

Greg

Staff member
I will keep an eye out here for whatever is decided.... though I typically prefer to avoid hail, rain and thunderstorms :)

Say it is lightly raining, what might be the least "destructive" route to take?

Crankfire

Website
www.crankfire.com
Say it is lightly raining, what might be the least "destructive" route to take?
Probably the planned loop, but each of the discussed options have their bad spots for sure.

The advantage of heading into Sessions would be that it stays closer to the cars, so if we needed to bale due to weather we could get back much much faster. And less climbing.

I dunno, if the weather is cooperative enough we can just play it by ear?

Greg

Staff member
Looks like after this last batch moves through, we're in Schaeffer City! :beer:

bgm_None_anim.gif

See you all this evening.