Find me a bike - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Find me a bike

Quote Originally Posted by Crankfire View Post
    Had to look this one up, but the 5th element on it has a 2 inch stroke, but you can apparently go with a 2.25 stroke.
    what about the eye to eye? I would guess around 7.5"

Quote Originally Posted by Crankfire View Post
    Whoa... 3rd degree!!!! Heh, all fair questions though... so here goes:
    Just lookin out for my bud Austin.

Also because I'll likely have to fix any broke stuff for him.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

This all gibberish to me. So Marc and Tim, if you were in my shoes would you buy this bike?

BTW: Marc I'm going to be like 5 minutes away from you house tomorrow morning. Wanna let me borrow your bike?

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    This all gibberish to me. So Marc and Tim, if you were in my shoes would you buy this bike?

BTW: Marc I'm going to be like 5 minutes away from you house tomorrow morning. Wanna let me borrow your bike?
    If I were in your shoes I would just send a bunch of money to me for the hell of it.

Well, FWIW, Brian, Jeff and I met Nate yesterday and he seems like a real stand-up guy so I wouldn't have any concern from that standpoint.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Well, FWIW, Brian, Jeff and I met Nate yesterday and he seems like a real stand-up guy so I wouldn't have any concern from that standpoint.
    Agreed!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Agreed!
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post

Austin,

IMO that is a pretty good deal on what I feel is a great bike. But what I think is a great bike you may not end up liking on the trail where it counts. Like I said before, I love Hecklers. But truth be told you will most likely have to change your riding style to accommodate this bike. I have only ridden with you once, but the few times I was behind you during the ride I noticed that you like to stand and pedal while climbing. Typically the rear end on single pivot bikes bob when riders stand while climbing. For me this is not a big deal because I like to sit. So if you want a bike that you can really hammer away on the climbs this is probably not it.

I would recommend that you arrange a time you can hook up with Nate and check out the bike first hand (see if Marc can tag along). It would be even better if you and Nate could meet for an easy ride so you could test the bike out on the trails. Nothing too serious, just enough so you can get a feel for the bike and weather or not you like it. I also think you should take some time and visit several bike shops and test out bikes with different suspension designs. Like I said before you may not like the feel of a single pivot (Heckler), but love a four bar (Kona, Transition ) or DW link (Iron Horse) or Maestro(Giant).

FWIW, Nate lives about 2 miles from Nass so you should be able to schedule a test ride with him pretty easy.

I agree with Timbo... if there's any way you can ride the bike first, do it, by all means. Except by way of shooting Nate and then riding the bike, because we all know that's not a good way to make a good first impression.

Thread Information