• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Find me a bike

bvibert

Staff member
Yeah, and it is teh hotness. It's a two speed. Or at least it is now since the rear shifter is completely cooked.

There is no bike better at making you endo since your weight is always so far forward.

Don't blame the bike on your lack of skills... ;)

Trekchick

Yeah, and it is teh hotness. It's a two speed. Or at least it is now since the rear shifter is completely cooked.

There is no bike better at making you endo since your weight is always so far forward.

Ummmm, too far forward...............ummmmmmmmmmm, no comment.

That looks like a great bike to turn into an SS.
The transformation of my attitude to a SS began last night.

awf170

Today I bent my big ring so much that I couldn't even shift into my middle ring. After a little bit of hammering it was good to go. Yeah, I think I'm going to get a bash guard on my new bike...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
In his situation, I'd have rented a couple times to get an idea what's out there.
Never been to Kton to Ride(ski only) but I hear brutal things about it!

I've been riding there every year for the past eight years, so I've seen the evolution of trails and bikes there and it's nothing to be especially intimidated about, it's just a lot of fun. There's really something for everyone there. And the trail maintenance is stellar.

Anyone can ride there... when I first went I was riding a hard tail with an 80 mm travel XC fork (Marzocchi z.4 flylight air) and I had a blast. And the first year I went, one of the guys I went with rode a full rigid, before riding a full rigid became trendy. A Univega Rover.

Last edited:

cbcbd

Today I bent my big ring so much that I couldn't even shift into my middle ring. After a little bit of hammering it was good to go. Yeah, I think I'm going to get a bash guard on my new bike...
I've bent my big ring by smashing it on a rock right to the side of the trail... had to pound it back straight after the ride so I could shift into the middle ring and not have the chain get stuck...
whatdidisay

Greg

Staff member
I got the MKIII... any guesses to how long it takes for me to hurt myself so I am unable to ride it? I'm not sure that I trust myself on a FS, I'm stupid enough on a rigid that I'm scared is going to fall apart on me at any moment.

BTW, I think I'm going to convert my current bike to a SS. I'll use it for getting around college and days I really want to suffer. At least it will weigh around 20 pounds.

MKIII:
ihmk3comp.jpg

Well? Where is it? No pics yet?

awf170

I didn't have all the tools to put it together plus I don't really trust my building abilities. One of the guys I ride with is going to finish it for me tomorrow and hopefully if it isn't raining I'm going to take it for a ride. Hopefully tomorrow's ride will get me nice and comfortable on it so I'll be ready for some stupidity on Friday with Eatskisleep. So I should have pics by Friday night.

Last edited:

eatskisleep

I didn't have all the tools to put it together plus I don't really trust my building abilities. One of the guys I ride with is going to finish it for me tomorrow and hopefully if it isn't raining I'm going to take it for a ride. Hopefully tomorrow's ride will get me nice and comfortable on it so I'll be ready for some stupidity on Friday with Eatskisleep. So I should have pics by Friday night.

Yay for Friday night pics.

Trekchick

I'm running out of popcorn. Shall I make more while I wait?

o3jeff

Just take a picture of the parts/areas you need to assemble and we will all be more than happy to give you some advice on how to do it.

eatskisleep

Well it is a 104-4-bolt so it will fit assuming that the middle ring is smaller than 36T. So yeah I'd say it would work fine... I've got the 32T Raceface on the Banshee.