• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Posting from the Throne

ski9

That's just a little weird. Hasn't anyone ever told you not to sh*t where you eat? (So I would think the reverse would be true.....) :lol:

It's not all that weird if it's someone who is always drinking beer. I had a friend who used to call me while having sex with girls he'd picked up at clubs. That was a little weird, especially when he'd make them talk to me.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
It's not all that weird if it's someone who is always drinking beer. I had a friend who used to call me while having sex with girls he'd picked up at clubs. That was a little weird, especially when he'd make them talk to me.

Whaaa??? That's prime time for messin' with people. He's dumb enough to do that, when you talk to the chick he's banging, tell her you feel bad and you can recommend a great doctor and course of antibiotics that will get that cleared right up.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Yeah, that IS weird. :eek:

wa-loaf

Whaaa??? That's prime time for messin' with people. He's dumb enough to do that, when you talk to the chick he's banging, tell her you feel bad and you can recommend a great doctor and course of antibiotics that will get that cleared right up.

And Creepy!
What's more creepy is that you didn't hang up! :eek:

Like Marc said. You could have a lot of fun with guy who is dumb enough to call you mid hook-up. "Hey, can't wait to watch the video later . . ."

bvibert

Staff member
As weird as it would be to get a call from a buddy who's in the middle of 'hooking up', imagine being the other party with the person making the call. How does one pull that off? "Hold on a sec babe, I gotta call my buddy and tell him how good you are"??? "Here, you wanna talk to him"???

I have to imagine there were some mind altering substances in play in these cases??

Trekchick

As weird as it would be to get a call from a buddy who's in the middle of 'hooking up', imagine being the other party with the person making the call. How does one pull that off? "Hold on a sec babe, I gotta call my buddy and tell him how good you are"??? "Here, you wanna talk to him"???

I have to imagine there were some mind altering substances in play in these cases??
Kind of tells you the caliber of "hook up" this guy was with.

Trekchick

Sounds like a Navy man's dream to me .. they can't be all "Southern Baptist" like you .. you mean to tell me you never have gotten a phone call in the middle of the session?
Well, yeah! But I don't answer it!
If your activity is as such that you want to answer the phone then you're doing something wrong. ;)

ski9

And Creepy!
What's more creepy is that you didn't hang up! :eek:

He just liked to show off and the girls were mostly club rat/goth chick/nannies who were also drunk/stoned and were just a little in awe of being nailed by a wealthy psychiatrist and author of several books (he actual sold used auto parts).

ski9

Kind of tells you the caliber of "hook up" this guy was with.

Some people go clubbing to drink, dance hard, then hook up with with someone who 'fits' them on the dance floor. Some people (both males and females) are sluts at work and some are e-date sluts (eh, like GSS wants to be). How better to sample if you are compatible than to dance with someone?

My friend was the ultimate alternative club lounge lizard who was so good at scamming chicks that he created his own obstacles, like being attracted to lesbians.

But a lot of the girls who turn out to be the easiest hook-ups (and I'm just talking about clubbing through the 90's) were "good girls" just out to do something bad for the night. TCNJ nursing students...au pairs who deal with jerky little rich brats 14 hours a day...

I don't suppose anyone remembers City Gardens (Trenton) or Zadar's (New Hope)?

ski9

Isn't New Jersey that state where they make all of the smoke and pollution for us up here in rural S NE to enjoy?

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the stink-ass paper mills that trashed the waterways...the Hispanic drug gangs of once proud places of Holyoke (I was a photo staffer at the Transcript-Telegram for three years)...the smog pouring out of Boston...I still remember the lovely chlorine gas fire back around '88 that evacuated 25,000 people from Springfield...but most of all the greedy quarry owner that decided Mount Tom wasn't turning enough profit, so he decided to shut the lifts and blast away a few hundred feet from The Waterfall run...

I, too, blame NJ.

I live in a small town in the Northern Poconos, btw....which is in Pennsylvania.

But it is a small world and I do recall the family trips we had over your way:
11schofieldbig.jpg

ski9

This is the sort of thing we deal with from Jersey:

Heap of trash dumped at I-380 weigh station near Gouldsboro, PA
BY ROJA HEYDARPOUR
STAFF WRITER
07/02/2008

A tractor-trailer operator drove through a chain barrier and dumped a mountain of garbage at a former weigh station on Interstate 380 near Gouldsboro late Monday or early Tuesday, said Karen Dussinger, a Pennsylvania Department of Transportation spokeswoman.

(Note: this is about 15 minutes from Camelback and a within a half hour of six other ski areas).

The 40-foot-long mound of trash strewn just off exit 14 included bagged garbage from homes mixed with mattresses, lawn furniture, car parts and municipal trash at exit 14.

A six-worker cleanup crew spent most of Tuesday clearing the garbage with front-end loaders and by hand. They filled two 40-cubic-yard Dumpsters and a 20-cubic-yard Dumpster and hauled the garbage to Keystone Sanitary Landfill in Dunmore, Ms. Dussinger said.

Trooper Richard Bozym, of the Dunmore Barracks of the state police, responded to the call at 8:30 a.m. He said the trash likely came from New Jersey, judging by New Jersey license plates and household garbage that referenced the “Garden State.”

The driver likely wanted to avoid dumping fees and chose to dump illegally instead, Trooper Bozym said.

Dr Skimeister

This is the sort of thing we deal with from Jersey:

Heap of trash dumped at I-380 weigh station near Gouldsboro, PA
BY ROJA HEYDARPOUR
STAFF WRITER
07/02/2008

A tractor-trailer operator drove through a chain barrier and dumped a mountain of garbage at a former weigh station on Interstate 380 near Gouldsboro late Monday or early Tuesday, said Karen Dussinger, a Pennsylvania Department of Transportation spokeswoman.

(Note: this is about 15 minutes from Camelback and a within a half hour of six other ski areas).

The 40-foot-long mound of trash strewn just off exit 14 included bagged garbage from homes mixed with mattresses, lawn furniture, car parts and municipal trash at exit 14.

A six-worker cleanup crew spent most of Tuesday clearing the garbage with front-end loaders and by hand. They filled two 40-cubic-yard Dumpsters and a 20-cubic-yard Dumpster and hauled the garbage to Keystone Sanitary Landfill in Dunmore, Ms. Dussinger said.

Trooper Richard Bozym, of the Dunmore Barracks of the state police, responded to the call at 8:30 a.m. He said the trash likely came from New Jersey, judging by New Jersey license plates and household garbage that referenced the “Garden State.”

The driver likely wanted to avoid dumping fees and chose to dump illegally instead, Trooper Bozym said.

I'm not quite sure that this incident warrents indicting a whole state......

I could have sworn that I just read that Bozo the Clown died today, but I guess he posted to AZ before he croaked.

ski9

I'm not quite sure that this incident warrents indicting a whole state......

I could have sworn that I just read that Bozo the Clown died today, but I guess he posted to AZ before he croaked.

I live in PA and think it sucks that poor, rural towns in PA are suckered into accepting your trash. They are selling out the future for their kids. And the NJ towns/cities that don't set up a system for managing their own trash in their own landfills are f*cking pigs. Five days a week, hundreds of 18-wheelers cross the the DWG on Rt. 80 into PA loaded down with YOUR state's garbage. That's grotesque.

Hating that makes me a clown? I can live with that.

Dr Skimeister

I live in PA and think it sucks that poor, rural towns in PA are suckered into accepting your trash. They are selling out the future for their kids. And the NJ towns/cities that don't set up a system for managing their own trash in their own landfills are f*cking pigs. Five days a week, hundreds of 18-wheelers cross the the DWG on Rt. 80 into PA loaded down with YOUR state's garbage. That's grotesque.

Hating that makes me a clown? I can live with that.

I'm missing the proof that the poor, rural towns in PA are *suckered* into accepting this trash. If these small towns that were raped by barons of the high-sulpher coal industry in the early-to-mid 1900's had anything more enterprising to do with their wasteland, maybe they wouldn't rely on the income from storing garbage.

ski9

I'm missing the proof that the poor, rural towns in PA are *suckered* into accepting this trash. If these small towns that were raped by barons of the high-sulpher coal industry in the early-to-mid 1900's had anything more enterprising to do with their wasteland, maybe they wouldn't rely on the income from storing garbage.

Okay, so this is the scene: an intelligent, somewhat affluent New Jersey resident stands holding his rotting trash and concludes it is both moral and ethical to to dump it on "someone else's" pristine land because he can afford the fee and, heck, there was once a thriving coal industry in that state?

Huh?

PA is a wasteland?

I was born and raised in Hunterdon County...and am glad to have left.