Nassahegan RAW, Burlington, CT - 6/24/08 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Definitely some good stuff in there. Enough to challenge me without making me feel like a total newb. I'm thinking we should do the same loop again Thursday, maybe we'll get lucky and have some a local tour guide this time...
    Agreed. It would be nice to add the section on the west side of 69 too. I think we can pull it off since we'll know the first half better. A tour guide would also help. That's definitely a loop I would like to get in my brain. Plus I want to try that silly bridge again.

For the DEET, pick up some of this stuff:

http://www.backcountry.com/store/AMK...Repellent.html

Being 100% DEET, it's probably not great for you, but I had no mosquito bites and no ticks.
    I ski double black diamonds.

I would say the three of us did really well last night making it up a lot of the rocky up hills and then carrying speed down that long downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    I would say the three of us did really well last night making it up a lot of the rocky up hills and then carrying speed down that long downhill.
    Yeah, but you two styled the bridge. I wussed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yeah, but you two styled the bridge. I wussed out.
    Yeah, but you cleaned several sections where I was flailing around...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Yeah, but you cleaned several sections where I was flailing around...
    Feel the love!

Seriously, great riding with you guys. Brian, you're much quicker than me and Jeff, but overall I think we're all pretty compatible as far as skill goes. Can't wait to see Jeff rockin' the clipless.

Feel the love!

Seriously, great riding with you guys. Brian, you're much quicker than me and Jeff, but overall I think we're all pretty compatible as far as skill goes. Can't wait to see Jeff rockin' the clipless.
    I agree that we're all about on the same page skill wise. I just like to ride fast where I can.
    Brian

Feel the love!

Put the pedals on last night and tried them out with a quick spin in the basement, little to confined down there and already took a spill, need to definitely figure out how to loosen the tension up.

Put the pedals on last night and tried them out with a quick spin in the basement, little to confined down there and already took a spill, need to definitely figure out how to loosen the tension up.
    Stick an allen key into that screw I showed you and back it out. You should see the red indicator retract. When the red indicator is almost gone the screw will start to feel loose. Then tighten it 2 or 3 clicks. Flip the pedal over and do the same for the other side. You will probably need to tweak the setting to get them all to match to your liking once out on the trail.

So the red indicator should be almost all the way in? I think it might be about half way now from the factory.

So the red indicator should be almost all the way in? I think it might be about half way now from the factory.
    Yes. When the red indicator is almost all the way in, the pedals will be much easier to get out of. And yes, mine were also at the midpoint.

Thread Information