New Ride - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 121

Thread: New Ride

  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    No better way to build up stamina then to join us for a ride at Nass.
    ok, truth be told, i don't want to:
    1. embarrass myself
    2. slow you guys down

    besides, technically my doc told me no off-trail riding until sept 1.


  2. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Come out riding tomorrow with me, I tend to keep a slow pace.
    tempted but i can't tomorrow. work and softball double-header tomorrow night.

    Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Oh and congrats on the new ride. What are you doing with the Schwinn?
    i was just browsing craigslist trying to figure out how much i might ask for it. i'm putting it up for sale. it is old but in pretty good shape.

  3. #93
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,394
    Congrats! Much better than your old bike!
    Brian

  4. #94
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    ok, truth be told, i don't want to:
    1. embarrass myself
    2. slow you guys down

    besides, technically my doc told me no off-trail riding until sept 1.
    Stick with the doc's orders. We're getting too close to ski season to risk any further injury. The best thing you can do right now is to build your wind on some steep fire roads. Endurance definitely comes in to play, at least on climbs. And remember, while the learning curve is steep and we're further up it than you, you can progress quickly. I would say after 4 or 5 technical rides, you should have no trouble keeping up.

    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    tempted but i can't tomorrow. work and softball double-header tomorrow night.
    Softball? Isn't that what got you into that mess with your shoulder in the first place? MTBing is way safer.
    I ski double black diamonds.

  5. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    ok, truth be told, i don't want to:
    1. embarrass myself
    2. slow you guys down

    besides, technically my doc told me no off-trail riding until sept 1.
    Don't worry about embarrassing yourself. Really. I let that keep me from doing too many things for too much of my life. But I agree with Greg. Stick with your doctor's orders. It's not too much longer.

    Congrats and enjoy!
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Softball? Isn't that what got you into that mess with your shoulder in the first place? MTBing is way safer.
    I promised the doc i wouldn't dive for line drives the rest of the season. I also offered buy body armour for moutain biking but he wouldn't go for that. he's concerned about the up/down motion my arms/shoulders would be doing and the force my shoulder would absorb going over bumpy terrain.

  7. #97
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    I promised the doc i wouldn't dive for line drives the rest of the season. I also offered buy body armour for moutain biking but he wouldn't go for that. he's concerned about the up/down motion my arms/shoulders would be doing and the force my shoulder would absorb going over bumpy terrain.
    Makes sense. Let us know when you're ready. The loop we consider our warm-up north of Scoville is not overly jarring and probably less than a mile in length. Twisty, but relatively smooth and no real climbs. I would be willing to do a few laps in there with you just to get you back into it.
    I ski double black diamonds.

  8. #98
    dude, that avatar is tripping me out!!
    Sign, sign everywhere a sign... pointing out the trails, can\'t make up my mind.

  9. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by cbcbd View Post
    dude, that avatar is tripping me out!!
    switched to a more seasonally appropriate avatar.

  10. #100

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southington, CT
    Posts
    9,792
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    switched to a more seasonally appropriate avatar.
    Now well just have to get a pic of you riding it when you get out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.