New Ride - Page 11

AlpineZone

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: New Ride

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    switched to a more seasonally appropriate avatar.
    Lol, now you need to make a looping mtbking one

Sign, sign everywhere a sign... pointing out the trails, can\'t make up my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Now well just have to get a pic of you riding it when you get out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbcbd View Post
    Lol, now you need to make a looping mtbking one
    an animated MTB avatar is in my future

Nice avatar, fellow Trek brother.

Figured I would put the update in this thread instead of this one http://forums.alpinezone.com/33401-n...8-12-08-a.html

Got a call back from the bike store today and they said that the dampening cartridge worked itself lose(unscrewed?) which he said was due to the factory not locktiteing it so it is a warranty issue. The factory also asked that he sends it back to them for them to check out for any damage since the raceways moved quite a bite.

He said it will go out tomorrow to Cannondale and they take priority to fixing warranty claims first. Said he should have it back by end of next week. Also said he is trying to set me up with a demo bike for me to ride until it is fixed since he feels bad that this is already the third problem(headset bearings, squeeky front hub) that I have had in a month. The shop really seem to be going the extra mile to keep me happy and get me back out riding.

Sounds like your LBS is doing a great job taking care of you. Cool that they're trying to get you a demo bike, too. Sucks that you'll be without your ride til the end of next week, but at least they consider it warranty work.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

cool, gotta love good LBS/warranty service! last sunday i got caught in a thunderstorm mid ride, when i got back and gave the bike a wipe down i found a crack on the weld on the chainstay/swingarm! monday at lunch i dropped it off at the shop, they called thsi afternoon and she's ready to roll, kudos to south mountain cycles and jamis! i'll pick it up tommorrow for the weekend....jea!!!
    "that feeling: hovering in a weightless space with honey on the tip of your tongue and pure red blood gorging your heart, soaring on a current of angelic music cutting clear mountain air." -norman ollestad, crazy for the storm

Bike shop called on my way home and said the Cannondale rep should have a demo to him Monday for me to ride till mine is done. He said they usually give you something good and I told him I hope so cause with my luck they will probably give me one that is the next step up from mine and I will kick myself for not spending a couple dollars more on it.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Bike shop called on my way home and said the Cannondale rep should have a demo to him Monday for me to ride till mine is done. He said they usually give you something good and I told him I hope so cause with my luck they will probably give me one that is the next step up from mine and I will kick myself for not spending a couple dollars more on it.
    Awesome, too bad you won't have it for this weekend though.
    Brian

Pics of loaner bike

Lola just got a new ride today too

08 Trek 7.5FX. She never got into mountain biking but wanted to keep riding, so out goes her Kona Kikapu and this takes it's place. For a Hybrid, it is darn sweet.
    Click. Point. Chute.
    Days 12-13: 86
    Days 11-12: 58 ...and done.
    Days 10-11: 66
    Days 07-10: 44 (average)

Thread Information