New Ride - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Do whatever's cheapest and easiest. Tires are not something to lose a lot of sleep over. All new tires ride great until you wear down the square edges on the tread anyway.
    Good point, just ordered two at $20 each, should be a lot better than what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Good point, just ordered two at $20 each, should be a lot better than what I have.

It is only a good point if you are going to run Tubes. If you going to do the tubeless thing you need to be more selective. You don't need to spend alot, but you do need to avoid tires with weak side walls and beads.

Tires arrived today, unfortunately I drooped the bike off at the shop. There is something wrong with the headset bearings so they are going to replace them. Also while riding I get an annoying squeak in the front disc/hub, of course when you go to demonstrate it to the tech, it doesn't do it. Will be ready for Friday.

Headset is bad already? The weren't just loose?

You sure the squeak in the front isn't just a little pad rub on the rotor?
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

The headset had no movement to it, but when you turned it it kinda had a "grinding" feel to it like it might not have been greased enough? The squeaking noise might be the pad, but it is continuous and seems to start after riding a while.

The squealing definitely seemed to be coming from the brakes, from what I saw/heard it was pretty light and consistent. I'd imagine a little adjustment will take care of it. As for the headset, good to hear that the shop is going to take care of it. Do you have any idea how long you're going to be without your bike?
    Brian

I can pick it up anytime Friday.

Talking My new ride...

Trek Fuel EX 7:

I ski double black diamonds.

You got it and put it together. great job. Now we will really have a hard time keeping up.

How do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    How do you like it?
    So far so good, but I haven't taken it out of the neighborhood. The fit feels perfect. I went with the smaller 18.5" frame (a new offering) which seems about right and should be good for throwing around the narrow Nass twisties. This afternoon will be its maiden voyage in the woods.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Thread Information