• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Ride

Greg

Staff member
Nice avatar, fellow Trek brother.

o3jeff

Figured I would put the update in this thread instead of this one http://forums.alpinezone.com/33401-nassahegan-raw-8-12-08-a.html

Got a call back from the bike store today and they said that the dampening cartridge worked itself lose(unscrewed?) which he said was due to the factory not locktiteing it so it is a warranty issue. The factory also asked that he sends it back to them for them to check out for any damage since the raceways moved quite a bite.

He said it will go out tomorrow to Cannondale and they take priority to fixing warranty claims first. Said he should have it back by end of next week. Also said he is trying to set me up with a demo bike for me to ride until it is fixed since he feels bad that this is already the third problem(headset bearings, squeeky front hub) that I have had in a month. The shop really seem to be going the extra mile to keep me happy and get me back out riding.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Sounds like your LBS is doing a great job taking care of you. Cool that they're trying to get you a demo bike, too. :D Sucks that you'll be without your ride til the end of next week, but at least they consider it warranty work.

gorgonzola

cool, gotta love good LBS/warranty service! last sunday i got caught in a thunderstorm mid ride, when i got back and gave the bike a wipe down i found a crack on the weld on the chainstay/swingarm! monday at lunch i dropped it off at the shop, they called thsi afternoon and she's ready to roll, kudos to south mountain cycles and jamis! i'll pick it up tommorrow for the weekend....jea!!!

o3jeff

Bike shop called on my way home and said the Cannondale rep should have a demo to him Monday for me to ride till mine is done. He said they usually give you something good and I told him I hope so cause with my luck they will probably give me one that is the next step up from mine and I will kick myself for not spending a couple dollars more on it.

bvibert

Staff member
Bike shop called on my way home and said the Cannondale rep should have a demo to him Monday for me to ride till mine is done. He said they usually give you something good and I told him I hope so cause with my luck they will probably give me one that is the next step up from mine and I will kick myself for not spending a couple dollars more on it.

Awesome, too bad you won't have it for this weekend though.

Philpug

Lola just got a new ride today too

08 Trek 7.5FX. She never got into mountain biking but wanted to keep riding, so out goes her Kona Kikapu and this takes it's place. For a Hybrid, it is darn sweet.

gorgonzola

08 Trek 7.5FX. She never got into mountain biking but wanted to keep riding, so out goes her Kona Kikapu and this takes it's place. For a Hybrid, it is darn sweet.

cool, i remember seeing that you ride j-burg on either mtbr or pasr - been there lately? I rode there few weeks ago with the svb/titus demo ride and tuesday with my son. its a shame some of the "maintemance" thats going on there...

Trekchick

Sweeeeet. What of her clipless shoes?

If you squint it looks just like your bike:spin:
Squint and consume gross amounts of alcohol?

o3jeff

Stopped at the bike shop today to follow up on my bike. They just got the Lefty back, but the tech won't be back til Wednesday so it looks like I will be picking it up on my way home Wednesday evening.