• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Ride

gmcunni

Finally, my new ride - Trek 4500

IMG_2054.JPG

MR. evil

Soon, very soon.. i need to do some local riding to build up stamina then I'll join you guys at Nassahegan.

No better way to build up stamina then to join us for a ride at Nass.:-D

gmcunni

No better way to build up stamina then to join us for a ride at Nass.:-D

ok, truth be told, i don't want to:
1. embarrass myself
2. slow you guys down

besides, technically my doc told me no off-trail riding until sept 1.

gmcunni

Come out riding tomorrow with me, I tend to keep a slow pace.

tempted but i can't tomorrow. work and softball double-header tomorrow night.

Oh and congrats on the new ride. What are you doing with the Schwinn?

i was just browsing craigslist trying to figure out how much i might ask for it. i'm putting it up for sale. it is old but in pretty good shape.

Greg

Staff member
1. embarrass myself
2. slow you guys down

Stick with the doc's orders. We're getting too close to ski season to risk any further injury. The best thing you can do right now is to build your wind on some steep fire roads. Endurance definitely comes in to play, at least on climbs. And remember, while the learning curve is steep and we're further up it than you, you can progress quickly. I would say after 4 or 5 technical rides, you should have no trouble keeping up.

tempted but i can't tomorrow. work and softball double-header tomorrow night.

Softball? :blink: Isn't that what got you into that mess with your shoulder in the first place? MTBing is way safer. ;)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
1. embarrass myself
2. slow you guys down

Don't worry about embarrassing yourself. Really. I let that keep me from doing too many things for too much of my life. But I agree with Greg. Stick with your doctor's orders. It's not too much longer.

Congrats and enjoy!

gmcunni

Softball? :blink: Isn't that what got you into that mess with your shoulder in the first place? MTBing is way safer. ;)

:) I promised the doc i wouldn't dive for line drives the rest of the season. I also offered buy body armour for moutain biking but he wouldn't go for that. he's concerned about the up/down motion my arms/shoulders would be doing and the force my shoulder would absorb going over bumpy terrain.

Greg

Staff member
:) I promised the doc i wouldn't dive for line drives the rest of the season. I also offered buy body armour for moutain biking but he wouldn't go for that. he's concerned about the up/down motion my arms/shoulders would be doing and the force my shoulder would absorb going over bumpy terrain.

Makes sense. Let us know when you're ready. The loop we consider our warm-up north of Scoville is not overly jarring and probably less than a mile in length. Twisty, but relatively smooth and no real climbs. I would be willing to do a few laps in there with you just to get you back into it.