Nassahegan, Burlington, CT - 7/6/08 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sorry about the lack of pics, I forgot the camera in the car. As Jeff mentioned I did take some pics of my mud covered leg with little traces of blood starting to come through at the end of the ride. Not sure how those came out, but they're probably pretty stupid.

Brian

good ride boys....sorry had to bail early but my knee was still bothering me a bit from last sun....sounds like you guys had a good long ride after i left....im on vaca next week so hope to get some afternoon riding in...yea that bike of JP is truly a gem...you could hear the metal on metal (crunch) as his shocks bottomed out....on the other hand jeffs new ride is very sweet...although I was a little dumbfounded over the single shock on the front...never seen that before...but hes riding it well!!

steve

Quote Originally Posted by powhunter View Post
    yea that bike of JP is truly a gem...you could hear the metal on metal (crunch) as his shocks bottomed out....
    Yikes! How long before he kills it and is back on the two wheeled amphibious assault?

Quote Originally Posted by powhunter View Post
    on the other hand jeffs new ride is very sweet...although I was a little dumbfounded over the single shock on the front...never seen that before...but hes riding it well!!
    So we've got a lefty in our crew now? Sweet!
    I ski double black diamonds.

The sight of that Lefty front fork does take some getting used to.

Glad you guys were able to join us Steve. The entertainment value of JP hucking off that rock as you guys were getting ready to head back was worth it alone.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yikes! How long before he kills it and is back on the two wheeled amphibious assault?
    I don't anticipate it's going to last as long as the TWAA has after seeing him ride yesterday.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    The sight of that Lefty front fork does take some getting used to.

Glad you guys were able to join us Steve. The entertainment value of JP hucking off that rock as you guys were getting ready to head back was worth it alone.
    It is the oddest thing to sit there and look at, but while you are riding you don't even notice it. They claim it is to even out the weight from the drive train that is all mounted on the right.

The JP hucking at the end was worth the trip out there with the sound of the metal crashing together and then him bushwacking his own trail back up the hill to do it again

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    It is the oddest thing to sit there and look at, but while you are riding you don't even notice it. They claim it is to even out the weight from the drive train that is all mounted on the right.
    Ahh....that makes sense. I was wondering how the weight balanced out. I also thought that it mught be distracting to see only one fork. They seem to get praised pretty much so they have to be pretty good. Probably lighter too.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    The JP hucking at the end was worth the trip out there with the sound of the metal crashing together and then him bushwacking his own trail back up the hill to do it again
    I guess you guys did need me there to video...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I guess you guys did need me there to video...
    Yes video would have been good. It might have given JP a little added courage to try the drop that he ended up skipping...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Yes video would have been good. It might have given JP a little added courage to try the drop that he ended up skipping...
    LOL "camera muscles"

Hope johnnypoach didn't buy his bike from Toys-R-Us.

Click.

Thread Information