• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2008-09 Thread

Evmo

Liftopia has started loading ticket prices

Yup, deals are starting to trickle in some more. Have some awesome early season deals at Wildcat/Gunstock/Ragged/Smuggs etc.

We also should be getting some other resorts on this year, just waiting on them to load tix. If anyone is heading out to UT early season, we have some awesome Snowbird/Canyons deals. Feel free to critique our new site, btw, always open to feedback. Thanks.

tcharron

Yup, deals are starting to trickle in some more. Have some awesome early season deals at Wildcat/Gunstock/Ragged/Smuggs etc.

We also should be getting some other resorts on this year, just waiting on them to load tix. If anyone is heading out to UT early season, we have some awesome Snowbird/Canyons deals. Feel free to critique our new site, btw, always open to feedback. Thanks.

Biggest suggestion is to simply be able to see all deals for a given state for say, the rest of the season? :-D

Some of us ski more at other mountains based on deals, not find deals for when we ski.

Evmo

Biggest suggestion is to simply be able to see all deals for a given state for say, the rest of the season? :-D

Some of us ski more at other mountains based on deals, not find deals for when we ski.

That is actually great feedback, we are trying to figure out a good way of doing this (so that you dont have to easter egg hunt around for the best deals).

We think we are close to getting it on the resort level (http://www.liftopia.com/ski-resort-info/resort/303001/CO/Arapahoe-Basin.htm), but still have some work to do on the regional level.

Thanks for your patience...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
That is actually great feedback, we are trying to figure out a good way of doing this (so that you dont have to easter egg hunt around for the best deals).

We think we are close to getting it on the resort level (http://www.liftopia.com/ski-resort-info/resort/303001/CO/Arapahoe-Basin.htm), but still have some work to do on the regional level.

I find if you identify your target market, then building the navigation is easy. Once you know that, it's easy to identify the search strategy. Daytrippers or Vacationers? or doesn't it matter?

Maybe you give them a couple choices, by asking some questions up front:
- I have a fixed schedule.
- I know my resort
- I know my region

tcharron

How about the ability to say, 'Any Date' from the main page? :-D The calendar which self populates for a month is a better step forward, but requires me to still go from month to month. My 'perfect search' would be, say, 'NorthEast, all deals this year'. LOL.

Evmo

How about the ability to say, 'Any Date' from the main page? :-D The calendar which self populates for a month is a better step forward, but requires me to still go from month to month. My 'perfect search' would be, say, 'NorthEast, all deals this year'. LOL.

Great idea Tcharron... We will keep working to see if we can come up with a reasonably concise way of displaying that for you. We will be (hopefully) launching a deal feed soon, so that you can have access to 100% of the deals available too...

Thanks for the input!

tcharron

Great idea Tcharron... We will keep working to see if we can come up with a reasonably concise way of displaying that for you. We will be (hopefully) launching a deal feed soon, so that you can have access to 100% of the deals available too...

Thanks for the input!

I wish to change my last 'perfect search'. :-D A deal feed would be amazingly awesome. AND Greg could incorporate it here! :-D

Evmo

I wish to change my last 'perfect search'. :-D A deal feed would be amazingly awesome. AND Greg could incorporate it here! :-D

Ha! Sounds great. I will make sure it gets bumped up a bit in our development queue, and will let you know when it is available.

Potter Brothers in NY State is offering Flex Day tickets again this year. Areas include Jiminy Peak, Belleayre, Windham, Catamount and Thunder Ridge. Details, including dates and prices ($9.95 to $28.95) here.

Two big changes from last year, one nice, one not so much. The nice is that they're selling them online this year, which means you don't have to go to the store to pick 'em up.

The not-so-much is that they aren't doing any Flex Tickets per se this year @ Huntah. What they are offering is a Skier Appreciation Coupon for free, but it's only good Monday, December 22. It's free but you have to go to a store (city shops only) to pick it up, then you give 'em the coupon plus $25 at Hunter for your lift ticket.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
This is the first I've seen that includes part-time college students:
The College Card

Full-time and part-time college students can save 50 percent on the price of a full-day adult lift ticket during weekdays and $15 on weekends and holidays. By presenting a valid college I.D. from an accredited College, Community College, or University, at the Okemo Mountain Services Center, students can save all season long. Best of all, the College Card is valid at both Okemo and Mount Sunapee. The College Card is the same price as an adult, one-day lift ticket and includes FREE skiing or riding on the day of purchase. That means that, since the price is based on a given day's lift ticket price, and therefore variable, the best time to purchase a college card is early in the season when tickets are offered at a rate according to available terrain.
Nice deals at Okemo!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I just got this in an email from Jiminy. Not sure if it's already been posted:

Purchase Your Value Card Today and Receive a FREE Lift Ticket
With winter fast approaching, there is no better time than now to purchase your Value Card! By purchasing before November 23rd you will receive a free lift ticket, valid Sunday-Friday, non-holiday during the 2008-2009 season. Value Cards are $42 and are valid for $15 off the price of a lift ticket every time you ski or ride this season. With our new reduced weekend non-holiday pricing you will save even more this season when you buy a Value Card. Purchases may be made over the phone at (413) 738-5500 ext. 3090, in person at the resort, online at jiminypeak.com or come visit our booth this weekend at the Times Union Ski and Snowboard Expo at the Convention Center at the Empire State Plaza in Albany!

Mountain crews are busy preparing for the start of our much anticipated winter season here at Jiminy! Snowmaking had their season shakedown last weekend and it was nice to see some white on the mountain. Snowmaking is anticipated to begin for real next week when colder temperatures will move into the area and we are planning an opening day of November 22nd, weather permitting. See you on the slopes!

Clarkl23

Website
www.linehan-photography.com
Discounts

For those of you who might be EICSL members the discount ticket prices have finally been posted on the EICSL website at http://www.eicsl.org/Online_lift_ticket_order.html. For those of you who aren't, there are clubs with all kinds of different membership options you can join to become a member and get access. As a shameless plug...There is also a very reasonably priced trip to Jackson Hole this season which I'm leading that you can find on the "Trip" page. We're still working on a few more lift discounts as well as a series of Sunday clinics with lunch and lift ticket.

Clark