• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Gear For The 08/09 Season

mlctvt

Every year I buy something in August, well it's July this year. I just scored a pair of Arc'teryx softshell goretex pants on backcountry.com for 50% off. No more wet ass on the lift. Getting gear in summer makes me look forward to this winter even more :-D

Every year I buy something in August, well it's July this year. I just scored a pair of Arc'teryx softshell goretex pants on backcountry.com for 50% off. No more wet ass on the lift. Getting gear in summer makes me look forward to this winter even more :-D

Hell Yeah..In the words of Bon Jovi....We're Halfway There..

AdironRider

Ive been on a bit of a gear binge as of late. Heres the haul...

DNA Moe Jacket
DNA Louie Louie Pants
VonZipper Feenom Goggles with a fire iridium type lens (not sure what they call it themselves
Ride SPI Snowboard Bindings
Salomon F22 boots

This brings me up to 2 full sets of outerwear, 3 fully outfitted boards w bindings (1 pow/ 1 freeride/ 1 freestyle), low light and sunny day goggles, freestyle and freeride boots. I think Im fully outfitted for anything a winter in Jackson hole can throw at me.

Ive been on a bit of a gear binge as of late. Heres the haul...

DNA Moe Jacket
DNA Louie Louie Pants
VonZipper Feenom Goggles with a fire iridium type lens (not sure what they call it themselves
Ride SPI Snowboard Bindings
Salomon F22 boots

This brings me up to 2 full sets of outerwear, 3 fully outfitted boards w bindings (1 pow/ 1 freeride/ 1 freestyle), low light and sunny day goggles, freestyle and freeride boots. I think Im fully outfitted for anything a winter in Jackson hole can throw at me.

I don't see a beacon, probe or shovel on that list...you're gonna want them if you plan on getting outside the gates...backcountry riding is high on the list of "anything a winter in Jackson Hole can throw at me."

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
i cracked my clear lenses for my wisdoms so i have to order another lens. ordered myself a new harness and a bunch of new beeners. i would like to get a new lightweight static rope but i havent bought rope in a few years. i am pulling the trigger on some spark R&D splitboard bindings. they are soooo much beter than voile system. i want to split last years air its a 161 and it little easier to turn in the trees than the 165.

prisnah

Just got a slightly used Burton Ronin 2l suit in titanic blue/tea green. Prolly picking up some EC headwear gloves and hats later this week. Pair of Bro's and some dukes are in order soon too. Need a helmet as well.

wa-loaf

A Cloudveil RPK jacket is out for delivery right now. Got it about 1/2 price from Campmor and it was the last one.

Puck it

170cm Head Magnum Supershapes - $350 Demos but fantastic shape
FF14 bindings (took off the demo bindings) - $150
Head Mojo Heat Fits - $249 Backcountry.com

7 seven pairs of skis and 4 pairs of boots are enough.

I think I am set unless I need new pants after losing weight.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Outside of gloves, I'm done for next year

Bandit X's - technically last year, but I only got one day on them
Dalbello Krypton Pro Boots
Pants
Soft shell
top & bottom under armor
mid layer
3 fancy ski socks

After a three years of buying essentially nothing, I've completely reloaded in the past two seasons...psyched for 08-09 :daffy:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Last season I bought a TON of stuff. So most of what I have is nearly new anyway. The only new stuff for this season so far are 2 Helly Hanson base layer tops I bought yesterday on Tramdock.com and a Marmot McCloud softshell jacket I bought 2 weeks ago on SAC. All I need are some bottom base layers and I'll be good to go.

(Incidentally, in the near-new category of purchases, there consists:
162 Roxy Joyrider skis [skied on once]
Nordica Olympia Beast 10 boots w/custom unweighted footbeds [skied in twice]
Giro Fuse helmet in eggplant [skied in a few times]
Oakley Released ski pants [these are actually still new])

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Those are great boots. I've been skiing on Beasts for a few years now, and absolutely love them. Have fun!
They're definitely an adjustment for me. Much more aggressive stance than my old Salomon Performa 4.0 beginner boots. :oops: Also 1 shell size smaller (my old boots were technically too big, but I only discovered that last season - I didn't know any better before). They need some tweaking but they should be great once I get the bugs out.

Incidentally, the clothing purchases were because I lost weight. Otherwise, I would have stuck with what I had. :D

bigbog

....sounds good..

...Downsizing the boots sounds Great severine!
Good fitting boots/shells most Always have to be tweaked in the beginning....and are most always a little tight...(new liner).

lloyd braun

new volkl mantra 177
new volkl gotama 176
new volkl katana 176

re using bindings on all of the above.

I may be selling some Elan 777s 176cm, used only 6 days, anyone interested?